The Joy of Camping(NOOOOTTTT)

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love to camp, so does my wife as long as it involves a hotel room...:)

American by birth, Patriot by choice.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
C,mon Coily, wheres that ol pioneer spirit?

cmo0009l.jpg

OP
OP
CoilyGirl

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That pioneer spirit is in the hotel with Treasure Hunter's wife.

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I used to enjoy camping, when I was younger. We had 2 tents, one little 6' x 6' for the 2 girls, and one 9' x 10' for my wife, me, and the son who was about 3 or 4 years old. We set up camp at Lake Whitney for almost a week in about 1979. Lot of fun, even though it was really hot on 2 of those days. We sat in the shade (in lawn chairs and chaise lounges) for several hours those 2 days. We would take a couple of sheets down to the lake, wet them, and cover with them. Still had a lot of fun and was away from tv, games, phones, etc. But, we were less than 200 feet from restrooms with showers!! Now, camping would be a chore. If I had a small travel trailer (which I do) with something to pull it with (which I don't), I'd like to go out into the desert occasionally with some of the .22 rifles and MDs and spent a day or two.

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Number 12,drinking beer MDin back in the 70's,first time I ever had a reaction to it,
now all I have to do is look at it!!

S

stefen

I used to enjoy camping, when I was younger. We had 2 tents, one little 6' x 6' for the 2 girls, and one 9' x 10' for my wife, me, and the son who was about 3 or 4 years old. We set up camp at Lake Whitney for almost a week in about 1979. Lot of fun, even though it was really hot on 2 of those days. We sat in the shade (in lawn chairs and chaise lounges) for several hours those 2 days. We would take a couple of sheets down to the lake, wet them, and cover with them. Still had a lot of fun and was away from tv, games, phones, etc. But, we were less than 200 feet from restrooms with showers!! Now, camping would be a chore. If I had a small travel trailer (which I do) with something to pull it with (which I don't), I'd like to go out into the desert occasionally with some of the .22 rifles and MDs and spent a day or two.

And hunt for what...spent 22 bullets?

wpsgta1000

Jul 17, 2013
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My wife and I were camping at St. Joe state park in the Florida panhandle.
One evening a couple pulled up in the site next to ours. When they got out of their car the wife was yelling at her husband about NOT wanting to camp. Couldn't hear the hubby's response but it didn't look like the wife was going to win. He took about 5 bags of groceries out of the trunk and quickly set up the tent then they both got in their car and left leaving the groceries on the picnic table. Within minutes a group of raccoons grabbed the bags off the table and headed for the bushes. It was funny to watch as they didn't even overturn the bags but watching from our site it looked like a freight train as the bags moved in a single file into the brush that surrounded the camp site.
When the couple returned we tried to explain what happened to their food. Don't think that they believed us but that was the final straw for the wife. Husband was made to take down the tent and they promptly headed for a motel.

OP
OP
CoilyGirl

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
My wife and I were camping at St. Joe state park in the Florida panhandle.
One evening a couple pulled up in the site next to ours. When they got out of their car the wife was yelling at her husband about NOT wanting to camp. Couldn't hear the hubby's response but it didn't look like the wife was going to win. He took about 5 bags of groceries out of the trunk and quickly set up the tent then they both got in their car and left leaving the groceries on the picnic table. Within minutes a group of raccoons grabbed the bags off the table and headed for the bushes. It was funny to watch as they didn't even overturn the bags but watching from our site it looked like a freight train as the bags moved in a single file into the brush that surrounded the camp site.
When the couple returned we tried to explain what happened to their food. Don't think that they believed us but that was the final straw for the wife. Husband was made to take down the tent and they promptly headed for a motel.
Yeah,my point exactly! I think the only time I ever camped was at uh...camp and it was only the allure of an overnight field trip at The Land of Oz park where I could buy candy.

mammoth29

Feb 22, 2013
Utah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look at #2 and then look at this pic.... It's me... AT #2!! HAHA that's awesome!

2011-05-27 11.11.06.jpg

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look at #2 and then look at this pic.... It's me... AT #2!! HAHA that's awesome!

View attachment 1011482
pretty cool.

I use to camp all the time. 1st wife loved to camp. I have camped in every national park west of Mississippi except Carlsbad.

Have been to Yellowstone 10 times to date, love Yellowstone and love the Rocky Mountains...

wife now not a tent camper but doesn't mind camping in vehicles, she doesn't like sleeping on the ground...... LOL..

American by birth, Patriot by choice.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well, I would hunt for anything that the MD would beep on. As far as hunting with the rifles, I don't; I just like to shoot at targets, etc. I've been wondering if maybe there might any nuggets in the desert. Just a thought.
Raccoons can be a real nuisance. We camped at a little state park on Lake Whitney, Texas, for 3 days in the late 70s (or early 80s). At night we had to be sure that nothing was left out or the raccoons would take it. I woke up one night and saw 5 of them on the table trying to get into the coolers that contained our food and drinks. Finally had to put them in the pickup camper (shell) and make sure that it was latched securely.

Last edited:

GunFarce

Dec 26, 2004
Innisfil On Canada
Woke up one morning and caught a raccoon dragging a gallon can of Coleman fuel into the bush.. Guess he had a dinner to cook or a Molotov cocktail to make.. I usually canoe camp in the interior of Algonquin Park Ontario. Google GunFarce channel on YouTube

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor and Galice Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My solution? modern day camping. 25 foot trailer.
Generator. Laptop.
Bug screen tent..
Sat (on the roof of the 25 foot trailer..) for keepin' in touch with Treasurenet!!
Good supply of alder chips...smokin'... Gold pans.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread