The keepers

emwonk

Greenie
Oct 6, 2006
Back when I lived in Milwaukee 10 years ago, I discovered detecting and spent hundreds of hours hunting after work and on weekends. Here's a look at the "keepers" -- a large Monte Cristo box full of everything from generic silver, to the copper arrow points, to the 1900 wedding ring I found in a rat nest under the attic floor in a building that was being demolished for a highway project. There's also a shoe box full of stuff that's too cool to throw away, but not worth much to anybody. (Copper nuggets, cap pistols, broken brass locks, a bag full of common-date wheat pennies I cleaned. etc.) I did most of my detecting in off-beat places, like on a 50-foot flat spot between a hill and a stream in the woods through town.... Finds were further between, but usually better.....

I moved to St. Louis in 1995, and it never felt the same metal detecting here. So most of the time my detectors are shelved now. But very soon I will visit that still-hypothetical forgotten Civil War outpost for the third time, which I think I discovered... There must be something other than shotgun shell butts on that strategically-placed and hidden cut in the hilltop overlooking the 1800s rail and road route into and out of St. Louis.... :) Hope will soon overpower weariness of digging junk in the woods...

Attachments

• keepers.jpg
    keepers.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 544
Upvote 0

pgill

Bronze Member
Jun 4, 2005
Northampton, UK
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Sabre II / Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
emwonk, you have some great finds there.... dont give up, there is still much treasure to be found....

God bless
Peter

gold fish

Bronze Member
Sep 21, 2006
N.W.A.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro - Cortez Minelab SE
Keep the faith, I'm new to this. It seems like I can't get more than poopy clad right now, but I think I found a few spots.......

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread