Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
last 3 weeks have been skunks on halves and dimes..........well did my dimes and they were skunk..AGAIN!

started my halves, went thru over a half of the box with nothing, then got 1-40% half. A couple rolls later I spotted a solid silver rim and I was hoping for a walker but never dreamed I would get what I did.......

....1938-D....in sweet shape too. It has a real odd toning, but the condition is great. I'd guess it is an easy XF...what do you think?

No matter what it grades at, all I know is 2 things........491,000 minted, and I got it for 50 cents!!!!!!!

:hello2: DSC02484.JPG DSC02483.JPG

Upvote 0

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OMG.... you must be special... with your MD'ing finds, and your CRH'ing finds.... What were you doing in a past life is all I wanna know?

Congrats... dude, do not, I repeat do not do anything to that coin.... (Unless you are professional)... In a very short amount of time, I have built a good relationship with a few coin dealers around me, and any of them would gladly help me with a project like that for free... There are just to many things you can do wrong in a situation like that.... PM me if you care for, or need any specific details. I hope u havent already. Even something as simple as tap water running over it can F' that coin up..... Do you have any idea what it is in your tap water? whoever suggested that? I know mine has all sorts of shiz, chlorine, flouride, who knows what else, but last time I "rinsed" harmlessly a good lookin coin, it turned brown and green...... USE Distilled water only.

Chris.

Rock Doc is correct, I should have said distilled water which is what I use. Sometimes I have Old Timers Issues. :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread