What's new

The Lies told to tellers? Oh the storys we tell.

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2008
Messages
2,484
Reaction score
10
Golden Thread
0
Location
Michigan
The Lies told to tellers? Oh the story's we tell.

I had a teller say to me that another guy comes in looking for halves and she thinks he shaves off the edges of the ones that got silver in them??? ... LOL.

Another story I got today is that this guy just saves them up as Christmas presents? Than his kids fight over them on Christmas morning, Yea I guess I would fight over them too if I was LJ's or OldRed's kids. Or Cat's or S_F's......... Lets see bring that fork lift over here.....LOL

Or how many of you guy's actually play poker with $1,500.00 in halves. .....LOL

"Some guy comes in here every week and buy's a box of Penny's. He says he's saving for his kid's collage education"..... I can see it now.... Welcome to Harverd. How would you like to pay for that?..... HEY BILLY BACK THAT TRUCK UP!!!... LMAO.

Heard a good one lately? :icon_scratch: :icon_jokercolor:

Mojo
 
Upvote 0
Re: The Lies told to tellers? Oh the story's we tell.

Actually I tell stories too......

Once...... Just once. A particularly attractive teller asked me what I was going to do with $1500 in halves. I looked her straight in the eyes and said I'm gonna spread them out on my bed, get naked and roll around in them.... :icon_jokercolor: Wanna join?...... She looked me straight in the eyes, unfazed, and said... "I hope your gonna wash them first".... LMAO.....


Mojo
 
Re: The Lies told to tellers? Oh the story's we tell.

When asked I have always replied with the same answer.....................I am putting collection books together or looking for error coins. I do put collection books together & I do look for certain errors (found one today....82-P no FG) so it isn't really a lie......lol.

coinmojo said:
Actually I tell stories too......

Once...... Just once. A particularly attractive teller asked me what I was going to do with $1500 in halves. I looked her straight in the eyes and said I'm gonna spread them out on my bed, get naked and roll around in them.... :icon_jokercolor: Wanna join?...... She looked me straight in the eyes, unfazed, and said... "I hope your gonna wash them first".... LMAO.....


Mojo

I don't guess she joined you then huh..........lol. Those metals coins could be kinda cold......maybe you saved yourself some embarrassment.......ha! J/K Mojo.
 
Re: The Lies told to tellers? Oh the story's we tell.

LJ

Yea their cold but it add's to the thrill, if you know what I mean :wink:

Mojo
 
Re: The Lies told to tellers? Oh the story's we tell.

"hey is that $100 in halves in your pocket or are you just happy to see me" :o
 
Re: The Lies told to tellers? Oh the story's we tell.

I tell them I own a business and I need change for my register. Since I rarely search halves anymore, this story never gets me any funny looks.
 
Re: The Lies told to tellers? Oh the story's we tell.

C'mon! No one has heard any doozies, that the tellers hear from the other guy (CRH) ???

Please share.

Mojo
 
Re: The Lies told to tellers? Oh the story's we tell.

I simply tell them the truth and they just usually say something like "oh, okay..." kind of like they are disappointed. :tard:
 
Re: The Lies told to tellers? Oh the story's we tell.

The only thing I ever hear is not so amusing and more sad/concerning.

Every time I dump at this one branch I hear about a gentleman who comes in everyday and buys rolls/a box and searches through them in the bank lobby and dumps the rejects back into the coin machine before he leaves.


Unfortunately I don't think its a lie.
 
Re: The Lies told to tellers? Oh the story's we tell.

Don't know if it's a lie or not. One guy gets a few rolls every week to pay tolls with. Another gets one dollar coins to bring to the Islands, for tips.
 
Re: The Lies told to tellers? Oh the story's we tell.

Dumping reasons are more fun to say how you got them! for most of them I just say I collect them, spend and make change with them.
Its not so much tellers anymore since I started dumping into machines but other people in the brance that have to ask or make comments.

My favorites dump stories are:

"I have a tenant thats a real A$$ Hole." Gets me pity every time.

or.

"My grandpa was saving these and he just passed away, I found buckets of these in the basement, he was a little weird"

Or.
"Its a long story....I really dont want to go into it." They think the worst every time.

Its almost sad as I can pick out the ones that are going to make some comment or ask some stupid question while I am dumping. Its always the same old stupid questions or comments too. They give you this look like your somehow obligated to explain your self too them.

I have had some be wiser and they start...but then the realize they should not and walk away.

The worst was when some white trash redneck came in and wanted to know what was going on. I just said "I make collections", he gave me a weird look and he looked at the screen on the counter that was at about $2700 and I still had another bucket to go.
he said, "you do this for a job? I said "no"
He got really pissed off and flustered and just said, "well I hope you enjoy your money" and walked away angry.
I was just trying to mind my own business. He acted as if I should give him money just because. Kinda creepy.
That is the biggest problem with the walk up counters. Limited privacy.
 
Re: The Lies told to tellers? Oh the story's we tell.

ive told them that my son is having a party and we need halves for a game that we are playing ummm... its a stacking game ...ohhh how old is he gonna be uhhh.. 3 ..ohh.thats sounds like fun let me get all the halves from all the tellers and ill check the vault for you for any rolls it melts their hearts and fills my cotton bag
 
Re: The Lies told to tellers? Oh the story's we tell.

fatsmahoney said:
ive told them that my son is having a party and we need halves for a game that we are playing ummm... its a stacking game ...ohhh how old is he gonna be uhhh.. 3 ..ohh.thats sounds like fun let me get all the halves from all the tellers and ill check the vault for you for any rolls it melts their hearts and fills my cotton bag

Yea the tellers love to hear stories like that I think.

One time I told a teller I needed them ( Big Dollar Coins ) for Tooth Fairy money. She wouldn't sell them to me unless I promised I was going to use them for the Tooth Fairy.

Mojo
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom