The Lost Dairy Queen Silver treasure

jewelerdave

Aug 29, 2007
Fort Collins, Colorado
Detector(s) used
I just follow my nose!...where the silver and gold goes!
Minelab 5000, Goldmaster, and a few others
XRF spectrometer, Common sense.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
few people know and the only reason I say is because no one can get it. But there is a lost silver horde that no one can get or find. I only know it was I was a friend of the owners son in high school.

In Fort Collins there is a small dairy queen that has been in operation since the 60s
the owners pulled silver coins off and on and saved them since the 60s Storing them in a trailer with other storage items out back.
the amount was several thousand dollars face value by 1997, when sadly, there was a terrible flood.
The back area was low lying and had a trailer park as well as other storage units there. the whole area was wiped out! One of the trailers ended up blocking the underside of a bridge and this caused the water to run over the street, and make a lake of the small trailer park, Including the storage for the DQ.
A few people were killed in this tragedy. A monument now stands in the park.

After the water level was down the mold was so bad that no one was allowed to salvage anything. City work crews came in with bulldozers and dump trucks and cleared the whole thing out, taking everything to the local city dump. Thats where they went, and thats where they stayed. now a good 11 years of garbage and dirt has been dumped on top of it.
its still in there if anyone can figure out where, and how to get too it. It will probably not be discovered until its worth while to mine land fills. what ever company does that, will find a nice bonus.

the only other possibility is they may have ended up in the creek, But this is unlikely as the water made a lake.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread