Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
In a tax haven some where
Detector(s) used
ONES THAT GO BEEP! :-)
Primary Interest:
Other
Just a quick update if anyone interested to researching further.

It might be of interest the following book. "The Political Role of the Count of Revillagigedo, Viceroy of New Spain: 1789-1794 by James Manfred Manfredini 1949.

There might be an actual twist to the legend?

Crow
[h=1][/h]

: Michael-Robert.

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2013
Sovereign America
Detector(s) used
Many
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have you read the book Crow? If so, what is the twist? You seam to know it already.

Just a quick update if anyone interested to researching further.

It might be of interest the following book. "The Political Role of the Count of Revillagigedo, Viceroy of New Spain: 1789-1794 by James Manfred Manfredini 1949.

There might be an actual twist to the legend?

Crow
[h=1][/h]

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
G'sd Morning ya blousy crew.. I have to add a few points, the Yaqui never had enough minng in trier territory to contribute much to the fund, but by coincidence their territory extends to within say a kilometer or so of 'Tayopa , so the Tayopa treasure woul have to pass trough the High Yaqui country to reach a shipping port,

second , the listing sounds extremely close to the Tayopa list--????

490 mule loads of Gold bars

120 bars of gold

1200 bars of silver

Gold Amalgam amount (?)

Floors made of mule blood, below large treasures

? bars of silver

Floors below, laege treasures

Statues, four of
gold

490 bodies

Maps and documents

and on, crude estimate over 1,000,000,000 Yankee dollars

Do ya suppose ????

Tayopa zone. ©@   upper Yaqui territory at the rige line.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Crow

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Don Amigo

The thought has crossed my mind of a possible connection somewhere? However on meditation.... Er yes old crow some times meditate ...er not with home brew medication...:occasion14:

There is a very large time gap between events....

From the time the Jesuits was expelled...Associates of Jesuits over time must of continued the gathering of funds... and in the time it was later referred to as Revillagigedo Fund. The Viceroy Revillagigedo never acted upon the designs of his secretary and never never the location was know by him or his family.By the time the Jesuits had returned the secret information was lost to them and Mexico went independent anyway.

It would not be the decendants of Revillagigedo family that had the information. But the descendants of the secretary...

If so as I might have found a name??????

El Crow

OP
OP
Crow

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello Done Amigo and other aficionados of treasure legends?

Another book may be of interest and gives us a name of the secretary of Revillagigedo term as vice royalty of New Spain. The Books name is Miners and Merchants in bourbon Mexico. 1763 -1810 BY D.A Brading.

Ya might find interesting on page 60 of that book it appears that Antonio Bonilla may have been a secretary of the Revillagigedo administration between 1789 and 1794.

To research this story further it may pay dividends to look deeper into this person Antonio Bonilla? The good thing about this book is they do gives sources and source numbers in each archive the information was obtained from.

Could this Antonio Bonilla be the secretary referred to in the 1899 newspaper story? Was his decedent the source of the 1899 newspaper story?

Cheers Crow

OP
OP
Crow

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
It would I must add be very interest if anyone can find out more about this Antonio Bonilla.

Crow

UncleMatt

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2012
Albuqerque, NM / Durango, CO
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium & Gold Bug II, Bazooka Super Prospector Sluice
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If someone has a membership at ancestry.com, might be worth a quick search! I would, but I got tired of paying each month when I wasn't doing any research.

OP
OP
Crow

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello Matt Sadly Ancestry.com. does not have records needed. A good general resource they are indeed by not the magic bullet I am afraid.

Crow

UncleMatt

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2012
Albuqerque, NM / Durango, CO
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium & Gold Bug II, Bazooka Super Prospector Sluice
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been pleasantly surprised with how much they have in their files though. If nothing else it might reveal current family members that could be contacted.

OP
OP
Crow

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello Matt excellent point. It is an essential tool for anyone wanting to do in depth research.

Crow

OP
OP
Crow

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
There is another possibility some of the alleged treasures of the southwest was part of this alleged Revillagigedo Fund set of by dissident Spanish Mexican officials wanting funds to overthrow the Spanish from Mexico?

Crow

: Michael-Robert.

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2013
Sovereign America
Detector(s) used
Many
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Name?

What's the name, Crow?

Don Amigo

The thought has crossed my mind of a possible connection somewhere? However on meditation.... Er yes old crow some times meditate ...er not with home brew medication...:occasion14:

There is a very large time gap between events....

From the time the Jesuits was expelled...Associates of Jesuits over time must of continued the gathering of funds... and in the time it was later referred to as Revillagigedo Fund. The Viceroy Revillagigedo never acted upon the designs of his secretary and never never the location was know by him or his family.By the time the Jesuits had returned the secret information was lost to them and Mexico went independent anyway.

It would not be the decendants of Revillagigedo family that had the information. But the descendants of the secretary...

If so as I might have found a name??????

El Crow

OP
OP
Crow

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello embyrm

Antonio Bonilla lived right up 1860 in Arizonia. The once Secetary to Revillagigedo the Viceroy. Antonio Bonilla is recorded in the Arizona complied census of 1860 in Fort Buchanan .

There is chance some of him family descendants still live in Arizona today. It seems many of the former Spanish Mexican officals stayed on when the region became part of United States.

Crow

doc-d

Bronze Member
May 19, 2013
Pacific Northwest
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bienvenidos our lost Señor Crow………good to have you back…….vaya con Dios mi amigo

OP
OP
Crow

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello Doc Hows Ecuador treating you? You must be an old hand down there these days? I hope ya leaving some senoritas for poor old Crow?

Crow

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread