What's new

The most toasted, roasted, mangled coin I ever dug.

Johncoho

Silver Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2014
Messages
2,862
Reaction score
7,292
Golden Thread
0
Location
Martinsburg, Pa. in the summer and Apache Junction
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT, Garrett AT Pro, Macro pinpointer, Garrett carrot pinpointer,
Lesch digger, Nel Tornado coil for ATPro, Garret ATMax with Nel Tornado coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hunted for about 2 hours today and did not have a very productive hunt. I found what I thought was a piece of trash, but I could see a few letters on it and investigated it further. It turned out to be a common Lincoln penny. How it ever got to this state would be a good story. I took pictures of it beside a Lincoln and the letters that are on it lined up. I also found a couple of other pennies and a newer nickel. I found a shotgun shell end that has U.M.C.Co. nitroclub #12. It may be old, but I am not sure. I also found a rifle cartridge that is in pretty bad shape, but I assume it is old It is marked W.R.A.Co. 45-60 W.C. Sometimes you have not so good days hunting. IMG_2968.webpIMG_2967.webpIMG_2966.webpIMG_2965.webpIMG_2964.webpIMG_2963.webpIMG_2962.webp
 
Upvote 4
Some days your the windshield..... Some days your a bug.....better luck is just around the curve.
 
Interesting cartridge casing. They quit making the 45-60 back in the 30's after a run beginning in 1879 I think. Nice find.
 
At least it's not oldie. Nice job
 
That chewed up penny looks like an old Spanish cob lol. :laughing7:
 
It is a ruined Lincoln cent. When I inspect it with my loop I can read the word ''one'', and I can read part of ''liberty'', and I can read part of '' In God we trust ''.
 
Looks like phlem from a CRH'er
 
Now that's one beat up penny. Looks like poor Abe got beat right through to the other side.
 
Last edited:
Have found several UMC CO NITRO CLUB shotgun shell heads. Yours is circa 1894-1910.
 
That's one sorry looking Lincoln. He has been beat within an inch of his life
 
Digging shotgun shells used to be a let down. Now I date them and enjoy seeing how old they actually are.

Headstamp Database
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom