What's new

The most Undesirable Question from Tellers

Darth Walker

Bronze Member
Joined
Jan 10, 2009
Messages
1,402
Reaction score
118
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some tips because I work at a Bank.

You go to a Bank and ask for halves or want to break a $20.

The teller will ask you the most undesirable question, " Do you have an account here. Usually we do not
break $20 or accept halves is you are not an account holder"

Answers that work but you all have to look confident and dress a little decent
1.- Well, I have my partnership account here
2.- Well, I have all my commercial loans here
3.- Well, I have my Commercial Real Estate Loans here, your Sr. Lender told me I can ask for halves here at the teller line. Do you want to put him on the speaker?
My favorites
4.- I have my Oil and Gas loan here
5.- I work here at this Bank (Oil and Gas Dept). The teller will have no idea.

Believe me the teller will say yes Sr. and will not ask for Any account number
 
Upvote 0
Great advice. :thumbsup:
Are there any other teller tips that would come in handy. Also, I thought all banks were public, even if you didn't have an account there why would they give you any attitude?
 
Although I'm fairly new to this, I have yet to come across tellers who will not sell you what they have. I have seen a few CRHers have that problem in posts from time to time. However, the big issue is dumping w/o an account.
 
I run across banks every now and then during road trips that simply refuse to sell any rolled coin to a person without an account there
 
I picked up 2 boxes of pennies on Sat., found 28 wheaties and took the 2 boxes back Yesterday. The teller didn't say anything. She was just happy to get them back because she said they only had 5 bucks worth and they were running low. The branch manger asked me, "did you find any keepers". I said yes, 28. He just smiled
 
I have hit a few that wouldn't help me until I opened an account.
 
man I had 3 banks tell me today they would not sell to me w/o an account, worst road trip EVER
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom