woof!

Bronze Member
Dec 12, 2010
ciudadano del universo, residente de El Paso TX
Detector(s) used
BS detector
Primary Interest:
Other
The Gold, Titanium, Platinum, Fisher F5, the Teknetics "Greek series", the Euroteks, and the newfangled BH's are all variants of a platform we call in-house the "13-bit platform" because of the peculiar A/D it uses to digitize the signals. Products built on this platform run at 7.8 kHz, use 880uH/8.8mH searchcoils, and have some software in common.

I believe that all the searchcoils used on the 13-bit platform are available with both plug-in and screw-on connectors.

OP
OP
Phantasman

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks, Dave. It's nice to know the F5 5" DD will work on the LRP. The manual suggests a 4" #4COILPRO which doesn't appear to be out yet (or cannot locate one). And from your post above, the BH 4" #4COIL doesn't work well because it's not a 8.8mH coil.(assuming). I think the new Pro line being listed 7.69 khz threw us off (as a big difference).

woof!

Bronze Member
Dec 12, 2010
ciudadano del universo, residente de El Paso TX
Detector(s) used
BS detector
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't think there's a 4 inch searchcoil that's "Fratbros compatible", only the 4 incher for the legacy BH series. If I'm wrong about this, I suppose that a dealer will jump in and post a correction.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread