wharghoul
Full Member
Last week I went into a branch that's been ordering me 4 boxes a week for the last few years. I got the "um, sorry I forgot to order last week". I told the teller it was no big deal that I'd see him this week.
Well, it's pickup day today and I walk in and there's a new CRH already up at the counter, buying the boxes I had assumed were being held for me, so much for loyalty. I kept my composure, waited until he carried them out and approached the teller. I say, "Well, you wouldn't happen to still have 4 boxes back there would you?" He says, sorry, nope, just sold them. At this point I'm irritated and just turn around and start to walk off. Then out of nowhere the manager intercepts me in the lobby, she then proceeds to tell me that this weeks halves were the last (indefinitely)....I chuckled at that point, the irony of the situation was pretty funny being that my boxes had just walked out the other door. She says they can't order any more halves until they get word back from 'corporate'. She says that all the area managers were on a conference call with a Loomis Rep. and they were discussing a new fee structure. She tells me that until corp. decides on what to charge that they were ceasing orders for non-business related coin orders.
I thanked her for her time, gave her my card and asked her to call me when she hears something.
So, I'm in the same dilemma now as Silvercop a little bit north of me. I'll have to make a choice what fee I'm will to pay should I decide to use this bank. I'm in a small town and the other major branch is my dump bank. So, my options are limited given my time/mileage constraints.
I don't mind all the new CRH's around here, I really don't. What I do mind is the lack of etiquette that is the norm with these new guys. They don't understand the concept of a p/u bank and a supply bank and how you don't sh*t where you eat. They also don't comprehend the repercussions of bragging about their latest silver exploits loud enough for every teller in the bank to hear. I swear, a year ago most of the tellers were completely clueless and I liked it that way. Nowadays, the tellers sound like freaking numismatists.
Ok, got off subject a bit, back to the fees (or as I have come to think of it, the Brave New World of CRH). I'm going to remain positive and hope that a small box fee could actually be a good thing; it might thin the herd a little bit around here.....
Well, it's pickup day today and I walk in and there's a new CRH already up at the counter, buying the boxes I had assumed were being held for me, so much for loyalty. I kept my composure, waited until he carried them out and approached the teller. I say, "Well, you wouldn't happen to still have 4 boxes back there would you?" He says, sorry, nope, just sold them. At this point I'm irritated and just turn around and start to walk off. Then out of nowhere the manager intercepts me in the lobby, she then proceeds to tell me that this weeks halves were the last (indefinitely)....I chuckled at that point, the irony of the situation was pretty funny being that my boxes had just walked out the other door. She says they can't order any more halves until they get word back from 'corporate'. She says that all the area managers were on a conference call with a Loomis Rep. and they were discussing a new fee structure. She tells me that until corp. decides on what to charge that they were ceasing orders for non-business related coin orders.
I thanked her for her time, gave her my card and asked her to call me when she hears something.
So, I'm in the same dilemma now as Silvercop a little bit north of me. I'll have to make a choice what fee I'm will to pay should I decide to use this bank. I'm in a small town and the other major branch is my dump bank. So, my options are limited given my time/mileage constraints.
I don't mind all the new CRH's around here, I really don't. What I do mind is the lack of etiquette that is the norm with these new guys. They don't understand the concept of a p/u bank and a supply bank and how you don't sh*t where you eat. They also don't comprehend the repercussions of bragging about their latest silver exploits loud enough for every teller in the bank to hear. I swear, a year ago most of the tellers were completely clueless and I liked it that way. Nowadays, the tellers sound like freaking numismatists.
Ok, got off subject a bit, back to the fees (or as I have come to think of it, the Brave New World of CRH). I'm going to remain positive and hope that a small box fee could actually be a good thing; it might thin the herd a little bit around here.....
Upvote
0







