The New Field - Disappointing 2nd Day

bookfisher

Bronze Member
Jun 18, 2005
Long Island, New York
I spend a half hour on a new site last night and find an 1881 IH, two 19th century buttons and an old thimble. Tonight Rob and I go early, and I spend 3 hrs hunting and Rob hunts for two hours. All I found was this weird metal tag with a dog's face on it and a 19th century button. Also we each found one clad quarter from the 60s. Last night I was real high on this place, after today, this place goes on the back burner. To make it even worse, the soil is extremely rocky. Well, that's treasure hunting, find a new spot.

Attachments

• tag.jpg
    tag.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 208
  • tag2.jpg
    tag2.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 212
Upvote 0

Getty

Bronze Member
May 1, 2005
Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They look like excellent finds to me bookfisher.Good luck with the rest

OP
OP
bookfisher

bookfisher

Bronze Member
Jun 18, 2005
Long Island, New York
I won't give up on this field, though at this point, most of the field has grass and weeds that's too high to detect through. I think I'll take a serious look at it towards the end of the year when the growth will be gone.

R

rvbvetter

The metal tag, i think is a watch fob. Cool finds!! HH

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Yep, not a total loss... I like the doggy thing. Looks to me like a buckle of somekind, might be a bear, instead of a dog. also...
I know what ya mean about having high hopes for a place, though. I just recently went to a new site and in just a half hour I found a walking liberty half, (4) Wheats, and a civil war store card, all older items... I have been back to the same area a few times now and can't even find a memorial penny... Funny how it works....
Good luck & Happy hunting~

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread