What's new

THE NEXT BIG SCORE!

golden silver

Silver Member
Joined
Oct 22, 2007
Messages
2,771
Reaction score
121
Golden Thread
0
Location
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
So I and Silver Slice a.k.a Dad went out once again on a road trip which, as of late, has produced repeatedly well for us. We went off the beaten path and hit small town after small town stopping only to stretch our legs and grab a bite to eat. The banks were spread out but luckily we kept hitting silver roll after silver roll. 17 rolls to be exact. Now someone jokingly asked who would get the next big score and I jokingly replied that it would be me because I was producing a Silver magnet that would attract anything within a half mile radius and not attract anything ferrous nor pull tabs. I did not realize it but the magnet is Silver Slice. Now I have been doing this for over 2 years and my beginners luck ran out a long time ago but I think the secret is when your beginners luck runs out you can latch onto someone else who is in their beginners luck stage and do well. This is my theory anyway. Yesterdays take was substantial but not typical. Out of everything we found....

2- Walking Libs (1935, 1945)
16- Ben Franklin's (various dates from 50's and 60's but no 55)
3- 1964 Kens

327- 40%ers (1 of which was a 1976 S silver)
1- 1957 washington quarter (in BKing change)

Total: 349 silver keepers

Various novelties like gold plated counter stamped and 3 s mint clads. We also ran into 8 rolls of Ike's which are not pictured (no silver). Here are the pics...sorry if some are blurry.

Golden Silver and Silver Slice
 

Attachments

  • coin.webp
    coin.webp
    26.8 KB · Views: 970
  • coin1.webp
    coin1.webp
    19.1 KB · Views: 964
  • coin2.webp
    coin2.webp
    53.9 KB · Views: 957
  • coin3.webp
    coin3.webp
    66.3 KB · Views: 955
  • coin4.webp
    coin4.webp
    9.9 KB · Views: 954
Upvote 0
Now that is one big score and love the silver quarter i found a 1944 in the telllers tray asked to buy it she said what the funny looking one got to love that . happy hunting ron
 
Now, I swear to you all Silver Slice exists. I am trying to get my Dad to write something. I have told him that it is making me seem like I am making up a ficticious character. So Silver Slice (Dad) if you are reading this... how about a reply. :wink:

Golden Silver
 
Thanks BR. I always thought that you gave up way too soon on the Road trip thing. you should give it another go.

Golden Silver
 
GS,

I would almost agree with you. I might give it another go during my summer break. Most of the rural areas nearby seem to have several small time CRHs who dominate local banks.
 
Holy %$#^ GS, damn man u hit a silver vein ... nice to see that u are back in the saddle again with those monster roads trips ... congrats on slamming another big pile of silver , Ed :icon_pirat:
 
Ed where the heck you been hidin brother? I thought you got lost in the brazilian jungle.

Golden Silver
 
packer,
Lets see the play by play... I try to find virgin territory off the beaten path. I will dedicate an entire day if I need to. I usually will not make a trip for anything less than $2,000 in half dollars spread out over many banks. This last trip I think we had a little over 2,000 more like 2,200 in half dollars. We hit about 15 or so banks most of the finds usually come from 1 or 2 banks with a few silvers in between. That is how it usually works for me. Of course there is more but I can't give away all my secrets LOL :wink:

Golden Silver
 
We long for repeat of the day last year when we got (it took couple days to cycle boxes to pick them all up), 20 Boxes, 19 of them had Silver several only one or two but 8 had over 70 to 118 in each and our total was 758 Silvers in 19 Boxes (one was a skunk), but that don't tell the half of story as 338 of them were %90'ers, so we got 162 ounces in one weeks box order!
 
I remember that one. You guys were rollin in it back then

golden silver
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom