The Night Sky

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I didn't take these pictures, they are taken off a web page, and I'm providing a link to the page so anyone that's interested can go look at them for your self, there are quite a few more different ones. These are taken by a Portland, Oregon photographer named Ben Coffman. He doesn't tell how he does it, except to say he works in total darkness. It blows my mind to think he can get photo's of stars without having them streaks in the sky. It's like you are out on the high desert looking at the sky in real time. I want to know what lens and camera he uses to get pictures like this. The link is below the photos.
10.jpg

11.jpg

The World at Night with Clear Skies and No Light Pollution «TwistedSifter

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are fascinating pictures. They had pictures like those of the milky way in the background of the natural bridges monument visitor center in Utah when I stopped by there last month. I asked how one can take such a photo and the lady said it's best to be in places far from a city with zero light pollution and nothing but starlight. At least that what she was told by the photographers who come to the park to photo the night sky's against the rock arches. https://www.google.com/search?q=nat...a=X&ei=swrcVLGtJo_igwSOiIOwAQ&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have enjoyed astronomy my entire life and every photo(s) like this leave me speechless, wondering more and more about the beauty of the universe.

Thank you for sharing!

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
I remember a summer in Maine on an Island 3 miles off shore,first time I ever saw the Milky Way,just........Awesome.

GOD Bless

Chris

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread