The old folks took me to a foundation in the woods

nathan104

Feb 23, 2006
Emory TX
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, AT Pro, propointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I mentioned in a post yesterday that the old folks who live by me mentioned an old foundation in the woods by an old cemetery. They took me out there today. They said the headstoned were from the early to mid 1800's and the foundation was very old. Well, I was very excited. Got out there and right away noticed it was not really what I was hoping for. It was an old concrete foundation that had been bulldozed up and Im guessing moved to this location as a dump site. Heres a picture.
IMG00011Medium.jpg

I searched around for about an hour not expecting much and thats what I got. I did not even dig any trash. No signals at all. I had to check my detector a few times just to make sure it wasnt malfunctioning. Finally I got a signal in the middle of the piled up concrete and dug into an old trash pit. I dug into it and found a bunch of rusted cans and started pulling out some bottles. Im not really a bottle hunter so its strange that two days in a row my only finds are a bunch of bottles. Heres the trash pit
IMG00012Medium-1.jpg

I dug down into it for about another hour pulling out bottle and mason jars. The only can that was not rusted away was an old budweiser can with a bunch of rust. I'm not sure when the beer can had to be opened with can openers but Im guessing it was a while ago. Id never seen one which had to be opened that way with no pull tab. Heres the bottles as I was pulling them out of the ground
IMG00013Medium.jpg

Ended up with some neat ones. No clue on types or age. Several are non-screw top so must have had a cork or stopper. I really like the square bottle with the design on the front. All in all, I had a pretty fun time digging in someones trash :) Heres the pic after the bottles were semi-cleaned
IMG00014Large.jpg

Upvote 0
Nathan,
The bottles look great together cleaned up. Looks like you found a pack of bottled water in the background too. ;D Sorry, no coins, but bottle hunting can be a blast too.
Go back to that old house now, and start tearing out the boards inside. You may find something hidden. Just an idea.
Good luck.
-MM-

What about the cemetary area?
Could there have been an old church???

Nice bottle collection there. It sure wouldn't hurt to check inside the walls if you can. Might find some real goodies. I just about always find stuff in the walls.....Oh, sometimes they are bottles...LOL!!!

Way to go Nate, gotta love those bottles. I'd go back and look some more, maybe in the back of the house where the clothes line laid. Good Luck, Ringfinder

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back