23.6 KB · Views: 465
Upvote 0
Another side view.And she does a wonderful job with the photgraphy as well

Attachments

• finishedsunstoneside-SML.jpg
    finishedsunstoneside-SML.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 465
Upvote 0
Shtrider, that is absolutely gorgeous. I am so impressed by someone who can take a stone and turn it into fine art like that. So much better than the mechanical faceter. Good job on finding her and allowing such a piece to be created. What a treasure(both she and the stone!). C

Upvote 0
Thankyou Chadrack...I found her in The Lapidary Journal....providence was at hand .
I had just returned from my first Sunstone venture when I,by chance,spotted The Journal with an article on the cover....Learn how to carve Sunstone from Sherris.
Well,I sent her my two best stones and now,when I get a few bucks,I want to get a verticle lathe and try my hand at some of the other stones I have.
I did have some faceted,but these two that Ive posted are my pride and joys....

Upvote 0
Add a gold chain and you could get huge cash on ebay for something that appealing. Big money.

Upvote 0
Yes mama bear,the mine is in Oregon and theyre open now.
I thought of putting it on a titanium crown Billy

Upvote 0
You could sell it to the guys and gals in the 'dowsing' thread as a magical amulet/morphed prism of the gods.

Heck, start a bidding war over there! I heard your mystic stone can divine royal treasure over any map almost instantly!

Heck, I might bid myself!

Upvote 0
Shtrider
Did you dig or sit on the conveyor belt?

I hunted for free there the first time and got alot of sunnies. Dug the second time and sat on the conveyor belt and got alot of reds from digging and some wonderful blushes just like yours from the conveyor belt.

My kids loved the trip.

Try hooking up with a local lapidary club. There is one in the Seattle area who will teach you and provide the equipment to work with for $60 a year in membership.

I really need to work with mine, none have been finished.

How big is your stone and how much did it cost to have finished?

Upvote 0
Shtrider728 said:
After being carved,it came to 14.4 carats...and it was named "The Arrowhead"

Just so happens I am a sunstone freak and THAT is absolutely GORGEOUS!!!!
If I might ask, who did the cutting of that stone? Whoever it was is an absolute master!!!!
~Nash~

Upvote 0
Beautiful work :icon_thumright:

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back