Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Going to get the small coil for the Nox, just haven't yet. So, went back to the permission and began working one of the more trashy areas with the stock coil. I dug a signal that was a solid 11 and it was trash, something mangled. began cleaning out a few tabs and pull rings. Found another 11 signal and could see a small black stone in gold staring up at me thru the clayish dirt. Then I see the plating had come off and the air was gone. Found a 1964 Canadian penny and a few more clads etc. Then another 11 signal and dig, figuring more of the mangled crap. But in the sandy fill, I see real gold staring up at me, finally! I have found 100 plus silvers here and knew that there had to be gold somewhere. It is a very small 10k boy's ring but it is still GOLD! This was also the 1st gold with the Nox. I have found gold plated silver but no out right gold until now. so, happy camper! Also 1st gold this year. YEAH! now come on 6" coil.

Attachments

• 20190401_113948.jpg
    20190401_113948.jpg
    253.1 KB · Views: 89
  • 20190401_134705.jpg
    20190401_134705.jpg
    852.3 KB · Views: 84
  • 20190401_140747.jpg
    20190401_140747.jpg
    191.6 KB · Views: 71
  • 20190401_140855.jpg
    20190401_140855.jpg
    206.7 KB · Views: 73
Upvote 27
Wow, way to go DL!! You but a lot of pull tabs to get here. Way to go on some persistence!

Nice hunt, awesome gold, persistence pays off, congratulations on the saves

Nice job dirt looter, you have to dig those mid conductors (the way that you do) if you want to find gold!

You are proof that if you don't dig pulltabs, you will not find GOLD! Great Job!

You are proof that if you don't dig pulltabs, you will not find GOLD! Great Job!

DL, Like Indian Steve said, you must dig those tabs to get the Gold, Congrats! I'd say that's a pretty good pulltab-to-Gold ratio!

That horseshoe was good luck. Congrats on the Gold ring. Really a nice score.

DL, Like Indian Steve said, you must dig those tabs to get the Gold, Congrats! I'd say that's a pretty good pulltab-to-Gold ratio!

I wish that was the ratio LOL. I was beginning to wonder. I still have a bunch of those kind of signals to dig there so who knows. I think that the odds are better at a school or a beach but there is only one way to find out. am hoping for some older coins to be hidden there as well

You dug the trash and you didn’t miss the treasure. Congratulations keep it up you never know when the next gold will pop up.

Keep swingin.

Congrats on the gold!! I’m still looking for my first in almost 2 years

other than plated gold, it has been a year or more for me so this was a welcome sight. keep plugging away, its waiting for you somewhere

Congrats on the gold! :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back