The pot O silver at the end of the skunk rain...er...stinksbow

bigtime400

Jan 27, 2007
the moon
The pot O' silver at the end of the skunk rain...er...stinksbow

Things are looking up. One of my super secret out of the way banks paid off pretty good today. I got a 42 S, 4 64, 15 40% and a 1929 5 frank. (I think thats silver??)

Now as with every story there seems to be a down side...... One bank that I have been dropping off the bulk of my rejects one of the tellers was tipping me off that they were going to possibly tell me not to bring coins there anymore.......... I guess I can't blame them. I have brought back at least $3000 a week for the last month. :o ;D I told her I hope they do because I was not going to be nice about it. I was kinda pissed. This is the usual bank that I have had bad expierences with CRHing and why I made them my dump bank. This is the bank I have been doing buisness with since I was 19. They must really hate coin roll hunters. Not sure what to do about that other then maybe open an account elsewhere and drop off halfs somewhere else every other week. Or maybe just go to another branch of theirs for a while. Or slow down on ordering halfs.....na!.... thats no solution.

Attachments

• DSC05072.JPG
    DSC05072.JPG
    52.6 KB · Views: 319
Upvote 0
OP
OP
bigtime400

bigtime400

Jan 27, 2007
the moon
Re: The pot O' silver at the end of the skunk rain...er...stinksbow

Here you go!

Attachments

• 5 Fr.JPG
    5 Fr.JPG
    46.9 KB · Views: 317

tw656

Jan 13, 2007

Nice find, I didnt even know Luxembourg was a country, its .1608 silver.

Says Very Fine is worth $3, XF $7, dont know how accurate that is or how up to date.

OP
OP
bigtime400

bigtime400

Jan 27, 2007
the moon

Ohh yeah.... they were another country taken over by the Germans durring WW2 :) So thats about the same as a 40% then right? .1608 oz? Its going to go with my other foreign coins for now.

scotto

Bronze Member
Dec 23, 2006
My first M/D find
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250

Well that's kinda cool, first one I've seen.

prizm II

Dec 21, 2006
Detector(s) used
whites prizm II

bigtime400, sounds like time to spread out the rejects to other branches, you got to keep the banks happy as they are the silver line (life line) of this hobby. Congrats on the silver finds and here's to more.

G

GottaLoveHalves

tw656 said:
I didnt even know Luxembourg was a country
Luxembourg is a nice country to know of, they're the richest country in the world per capita.

bama #1

Dec 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Its probably not that they hate CRH,its probably because it cost the bank money to ship them to fed. I will check tomorrow to see how much that would cost a bank. I'm also not feeling sorry for banks, because they make a lot of money.Congrats on your finds.

Pennyworth

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2006

Twenty-one pieces of silver, very nice day! Congratulations on the silver Franc as well! :)

I just opened another bank account this week with the bank that is ordering bags of halves for me. When I told them that I was shorted $4.50 total they had a manager call me back and she said that the armored car company weighs the bags,and sometimes there might be a few coins that get into the bags by accident. Then she said we'll credit your account and I said I don't have an account,quickly followed by but I can open one today. So I went back to the bank opened an account and they credited the $4.50 to my new account. I'm even thinking of moving my money market account there, as I could be earning an extra $60.00 a year.

MalteseFalcon

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2005

I will never dump boxes at the same branch 2wice in a row. I figure I want them to accept my dumps over the long haul. As I have about 10 different branches I have used, well, there are at least another dozen I have not even touched yet.

Better to have a home for my offloads, then have to search for a new dump bank.

But then, if a bank wanted to treat me like dirt, certainly if I had been there for a long time, I can certainly see dumping a lot off on them lol.
;D

OP
OP
bigtime400

bigtime400

Jan 27, 2007
the moon

ohh yeah! I haven't been there in a week and am going to tone it down a bit now. I just wanted to push back a little bit.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread