What's new

The Q&A

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2008
Messages
4,291
Reaction score
5
Golden Thread
0
The Q&A

Went for a long drive today to dump 3k in halves. Needed to give my regular dump banks a rest and figured I'd get rid of them at some new banks.
I was planning on dropping a thousand at this one branch that I've never been to before.
The counter was the slowest machine I've ever seen. I could count the coins by hand quicker. But I was in no rush.
Suddenly I felt a malevolent presence near me. It was as if I was enveloped in a chill draft. I looked to my right and saw an old hag in a business suit standing next to me. My first thought was that someone was robbing the bank wearing a witches mask. Then she introduced herself as the manager. Here is what happened
Q. You buy those coins don't you?
A. No ans.
Q. I said, you buy those coins don't you ?
A. Of course.
Q. Why are you putting them into this machine?
A. Because if I put them into the counter I can get cash for them.
Q.Did you use cash to buy the half dollars?
A.I used quarters to buy the halves
Q. Why did you buy them in the first place? (at this point I'm getting the feeling that I'm losing a dump bank)
A. Listen lady, I don't care if you are the manager or whoever you are. I have an account at this bank, and it is none of your business how I get my money, or what I do with it.
She started to walk back to her nest all P.Oed. I said hold up ! Keep an eye on my change while I go to my car to get a couple thousand dollars more in halves.
Which I did
 
Upvote 0
Re: The Q&A

Currently in Casa Grande, Az, but we normally travel full time in our 5th wheel and get to see a lot of the country. We should be here till early March then off again to who knows where, life it GOOD!!!

Thanks for the good info and I will get rid of these large silver dollars and exchange them for more 50 cent pieces.
 
Re: The Q&A

weighit said:
Currently in Casa Grande, Az, but we normally travel full time in our 5th wheel and get to see a lot of the country. We should be here till early March then off again to who knows where, life it GOOD!!!

Thanks for the good info and I will get rid of these large silver dollars and exchange them for more 50 cent pieces.


Dang, you could really cover a lot of banks all over doing that. Every little town you drive through stop at all the banks and ask for their halves. The never ending road trip.
 
Re: The Q&A

For the past 6 months we mover just under 7,000 miles and we always try to stay in small towns, just wish I had been aware of roll hunting then. Never know what I could have found.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom