Oct 25, 2020
Reno Nevada summers, Las Vegas winters
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 400, Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Legend, Nokta Accupoint
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I won't bother repeating anything I stated in "The First 20 Hours" post, except this thing seems better every time I swing it. Finally getting a little more used to the dancing VDI numbers and interpreting them a little better.

I finally put it over gold ("Gold from the School" Today's Finds) and it really had a different kind of 'hit' in the tone than pulltabs or foil, which is really nice. I won't stop digging tabs, but, I KNEW that it was something different right away. It was also a rock solid number as opposed to my other machines which always give me jumpy VDIs with gold rings. So;

The good:
-Being able to pick a single frequency in noisy environments has opened up previously unhuntable locations
-Battery life is really good
-Adjustable backlight for hunting in the dark is super nice
-Solid VDIs for low to midrange targets (GOLD!)

The not-so-good:
-5 times now this thing has 'locked-up' on me while swinging. It just freezes on whatever VDI is showing at the time and none of the buttons do anything. I have to do a hard reset when this happens (hold power button for 30 secs)
-I hate not having the 'Mute' function that the Simplex has. I've gotten very used to having it when somebody speaks to me, and I'd like to mute the power up sounds before it connects with bluetooth
-The 'cursor' frame around the menu icons is very faint and hard to see WITH my readers on, and IMPOSSIBLE to see without. Wish they would have just made it an inverted icon rather than the thin framing around the icon

That's about it for now. I'll update if anything else comes to mind.

Happy hunting everybody, and best of luck!

Upvote 4

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I won't bother repeating anything I stated in "The First 20 Hours" post, except this thing seems better every time I swing it. Finally getting a little more used to the dancing VDI numbers and interpreting them a little better.

I finally put it over gold ("Gold from the School" Today's Finds) and it really had a different kind of 'hit' in the tone than pulltabs or foil, which is really nice. I won't stop digging tabs, but, I KNEW that it was something different right away. It was also a rock solid number as opposed to my other machines which always give me jumpy VDIs with gold rings. So;

The good:
-Being able to pick a single frequency in noisy environments has opened up previously unhuntable locations

The not-so-good:
-5 times now this thing has 'locked-up' on me while swinging. It just freezes on whatever VDI is showing at the time and none of the buttons do anything. I have to do a hard reset when this happens (hold power button for 30 secs)
-I hate not having the 'Mute' function that the Simplex has. I've gotten very used to having it when somebody speaks to me, and I'd like to mute the power up sounds before it connects with bluetooth
-The 'cursor' frame around the menu icons is very faint and hard to see WITH my readers on, and IMPOSSIBLE to sThanks for that updateee without. Wish they would have just made it an inverted icon rather than the thin framing around the icon

Thanks for that update,quite informative!

Clad Crusader

Nov 16, 2020
Peoria, IL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

The good:

The not-so-good:
-The 'cursor' frame around the menu icons is very faint and hard to see WITH my readers on, and IMPOSSIBLE to see without. Wish they would have just made it an inverted icon rather than the thin framing around the icon

Same feeling about the faint box around the icons. Usually have to squint and tilt the machine just right to even see it. Also finding the coil design within the cover gets caked full of dirt and adds weight over time. Because of the coil design there are empty pockets under the cover that easily fill up with dirt. At least in my experience those coil covers can not be pulled off a few times before they eventually crack. Maybe they will make a coil cover that fits the actual coil design.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions