What's new

The Streak Saga

McCDig

Silver Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2015
Messages
3,753
Reaction score
9,039
Golden Thread
1
Location
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
YES!!! The 'Indian Streak' for December 2016 continued today.

This started on December 1st and since that hunt I've hunted the same park in Baltimore for this month, finding at least one Indian Head cent each time out. Today, the streak was kept going for a 6th consecutive hunt, with a remarkable set of three Indians found in chronological order with 1879 first, then the 1885 and ending with the 1903. The condition of each is exceptional. So the tally for December 2016 is 13 IHCs with numbers 11, 12 and 13 being dug on the 13th.
Other interesting finds today included the United Railways and Electric Company fare token, two wheats, two bullets and the headstamp-end of a .38 S&W casing. Check out this link to find that this headstamp may date from the 1880s. THE CARTRIDGE COLLECTOR

Thanks for checking out the pics and cheering me on through this mini-streak!

Mike
Finds.webp
 
Last edited:
Upvote 26
You better circle the wagons!! Nice hunt and I hope the streak stays on.

HH RN
 
Ya gotta love a streak like that. :notworthy: Congrats on the nice bunch of keepers. That's a cool token McCDig.
 
You better circle the wagons!! Nice hunt and I hope the streak stays on.

HH RN

I almost posted "Indians are everywhere, round up the wagons!"
 
Congratualtions on the IH's and token! :occasion14:

Keep up the streak!!! :icon_thumright:
 
Thx Joe! I think there are more out there. Weather looks cold in the near-term. May be a week before I get out there again.
 
Thanks L_D for liking and commenting. I'd say many of these IHCs are dug off "iffy" signals. Not totally convinced it's a good target, but there's enough that tells me to dig it.
 
You're gonna have an entire tribe by the end of the month!! Congrats on the streak McCDig!! And they are in really good condition........keep on, brother!!
 
Thx Professor! We're getting that artic air on Thursday and Friday, so I won't be getting out and my average will plummet, but it really was not sustainable.
 
Excellent hunt.
Those Indians are in really great condition.
Congratulations.
 
Wow! McCDig , you are the man when it comes to diggin the tribe - i need to be taken to school by you on how to find my first Indian Head Cent . Congratulations Amigo !
 
Thx Chizzy! It's been a good run. Happy Hunting in North Central PA!
 
Nice digs the Indians are far and few in my park these days
 
Congrats on the injun streak and other nice finds
 
Thx Art! Two came from the north side of the path and one from the south.
 
Thx Joe hunter! I've done well in this park since the spring. We'll see if the "well runs dry".
 
Thanks Truth1253! It's fun to hit this place. Pretty much no one is hunting where I am. I've been in this same spot seven times now in December and haven't seen a detectorist.
 
Hola Argentium! Your phrase 'diggin' the tribe' really speaks to what my December has been about. I'm using a Fisher F75 with a NEL Tornado coil. A Club member got me onto the NEL about 15 months ago and it has made a difference in depth. To be sure, I dig my fair share of square nails. Most targets here in the 90s are of the square nail variety.
 
Thanks ATW! I was pleased with three "greenies". It's awesome to see that rim at the bottom of the hole!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom