What's new

The Streak Saga

McCDig

Silver Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2015
Messages
3,753
Reaction score
9,039
Golden Thread
1
Location
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
YES!!! The 'Indian Streak' for December 2016 continued today.

This started on December 1st and since that hunt I've hunted the same park in Baltimore for this month, finding at least one Indian Head cent each time out. Today, the streak was kept going for a 6th consecutive hunt, with a remarkable set of three Indians found in chronological order with 1879 first, then the 1885 and ending with the 1903. The condition of each is exceptional. So the tally for December 2016 is 13 IHCs with numbers 11, 12 and 13 being dug on the 13th.
Other interesting finds today included the United Railways and Electric Company fare token, two wheats, two bullets and the headstamp-end of a .38 S&W casing. Check out this link to find that this headstamp may date from the 1880s. THE CARTRIDGE COLLECTOR

Thanks for checking out the pics and cheering me on through this mini-streak!

Mike
Finds.webp
 
Last edited:
Upvote 26
It's like deja vu or Ground Hog Day - I had to look twice! Nice transit tokens too. :icon_thumleft:
 
Thanks Nick! BTW, I appreciated the post you did on the brown jug. Reconstructing the original from pieces is very satisfying. I've been able to do that on a few pieces over the years.
 
Yeah, I'd be SUPER proud to find all that stuff!
Good show! :thumbsup:
 
Thx "eye"! Will continue to "hammer" this site in search of Lost Indians.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom