What's new

The tale of two bags...

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Joined
Aug 13, 2009
Messages
2,074
Reaction score
25
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went by my local bank here that had said they would sell me all bags from their machines. That was two months ago. They had yet filled any bags. When I stepped in today they informed me they had 1 bag of gold dollars (yuck), 2 bags of halves, 2 bags of quarters, and a bag of nickels. I bought both bags of halves, and while I was doing the exchange I asked how often these fill up. The lady told me that a guy came in a day or so ago and filled these up. Figure these are dumps but took them knowing there may be something in the lead bag before this person decided to dump on my supply. Didnt have enough cash on hand to pick up the nickels and quarters but the teller told me if I wanted them she would hold them till Friday for me. I probably will get the nickels but quarters dont really do much for me. Any thoughts?

I will post the results when I get the bags home and done. Also picked up my first Brinks box so I am going to see if that vein is running around here.
 
Upvote 0
My only thought will be of no help to you but it humored me a tad; at least they arn't old bags. ;D :laughing9: ;D

There is an Old bag who walks my neighborhood who swings her big stick antogonizing my 3 Mini dachshunds.
 
obediah said:
My only thought will be of no help to you but it humored me a tad; at least they arn't old bags. ;D :laughing9: ;D

There is an Old bag who walks my neighborhood who swings her big stick antogonizing my 3 Mini dachshunds.

LOL!

I'd've bought the bags, since they might not entirely be dumps. I got a bag off a machine on time that seemed like a dump with a couple of solid rolls mixed in. As for the quarters, I'd probably get 'em since they're off the machine. I'd like to add a Standing Liberty to my collection.

Kindest regards,
Kantuck
 
I just got three rolls and some loose ones some one used to pay their note payment and they had 29% of 40%ers. Also the Teller love to get rid of halves and the new Dollar coins, Which after inspecting I put back into circulation to try to help take the load off the over used Dollar bill.
 
obediah said:
My only thought will be of no help to you but it humored me a tad; at least they arn't old bags. ;D :laughing9: ;D

There is an Old bag who walks my neighborhood who swings her big stick antogonizing my 3 Mini dachshunds.

Obe,
Glad I could make you laugh. I have known a lot of old bags in my short days on this earth. Trust me I would much rather have 2 old bags of halves than the alternative.
 
AG,

I'd grab the quarters as well. If they have dimes get them too

HH
Rich
 
Ok, have results on one of the two bags. I picked the one that looked like it might have been the one in the machine when the douchebag started dumping at my bag supply bank. I think I picked right. Was getting late so I basically checked rims. Results

3 - 90's
1 - 40

Also included in the bag was...
1 - Aluminum prayer token
1 - guitar pick
1 - bent penny
1 - state quarter
1 - dime

Figure the other bag is all clad.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom