What's new

The tiniest point and the largest broke one today?

Broken knee

Bronze Member
Joined
Dec 12, 2009
Messages
1,909
Reaction score
785
Golden Thread
0
Location
in your back yard
Detector(s) used
excal 2
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Could the small one be a bird point? And would the large one be a point or a knife, it's just over 2 in. x 1 1/4 ? HH
Broken Knee
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1457.webp
    IMG_1457.webp
    67.3 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_1458.webp
    IMG_1458.webp
    23 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_1459.webp
    IMG_1459.webp
    31.7 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_1461.webp
    IMG_1461.webp
    70.9 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_1455.webp
    IMG_1455.webp
    35.8 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_1456.webp
    IMG_1456.webp
    24.8 KB · Views: 117
Last edited:
Upvote 0
red felsite=early!
 
red felsite=early! flintmel how early? And do you think it was a spear point or a knife it's a shame that it broke twice I can only imagine what it looked like complete. Total bummer!! Am I crazy or is the small one an actual point it looks to symmetrical and worked on one side and both sides of the base ? HH
Broken Knee
 
The small one is likely a "true arrowhead" The broken piece was probably a knife. Nice finds, love those little birdies.
 
The little one looks like a true arrowhead to me. Nice find. I always find little ones like that cool.
 
I have found "bird" points that size and your's is a nice one! Red felsite in our area is usually associated with early archaic
 
The tiny point might be a Squibnocket Triangle, Late Archaic, as tiny as they get I imagine!
 
Thanks for the information everyone. I almost didn't post it because I wasn't sure it was a true point. Well I'm glad I did, the wealth of knowledge here is amazing!! :icon_thumright: HH

Thanks BK
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom