What's new

The Track-Way - Day 5 - Finished...Dropped into the Roman Farmstead...

CRUSADER

Emerald Member
Joined
May 25, 2007
Messages
41,306
Reaction score
48,543
Golden Thread
27
Location
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
27
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Spent 6 hours with Cru'dad today. We spent just over an hour finishing the main area of the early Saxon Site (AD450-600) which spanned the Roman Track-Way. Only 1 possible Saxon Strap-end was found but more importantly I picked up & GPSed some rare Saxon Pot Shards. One has 2 coffee bean shaped impressions, my best bit yet & vital clues to back-up my theory.
Although we need to finish off the Saxon Site, the Eastern edge can wait for another year. Which meant we could pop down the hill to the Roman Farmstead site.

18 Roman Coins
Lead Token
Jetton
1st C Roman Fibula bit
Part of a Roman folding Knife
Roman Fibula Pin
Roman Ring (Made from a bracelet)
Possible Saxon Strap-end
Star find for Cru'dad - Half a late Roman Military Dolphin Buckle:icon_thumright:
 

Attachments

  • 1.webp
    1.webp
    146.4 KB · Views: 126
  • 2.webp
    2.webp
    160 KB · Views: 106
  • 3.webp
    3.webp
    78.6 KB · Views: 97
  • 4.webp
    4.webp
    118.3 KB · Views: 98
  • 5.webp
    5.webp
    81.7 KB · Views: 108
  • 6.webp
    6.webp
    96.8 KB · Views: 98
  • 7.webp
    7.webp
    96.9 KB · Views: 129
  • 1a.webp
    1a.webp
    190.9 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:
Upvote 22
Awesome finds.
 
Congrats to Crudad! That Dolphin looks great!
 
Congrats to you both on some nice finds
 
Roman Coin picture added to top.
 
Neat finds, some of those bits of brass look to be firearm parts but not 100% on that
 
Neat finds, some of those bits of brass look to be firearm parts but not 100% on that

I think the bit your on about is a window lock (old one)
 
Nice dolphin buckle. Also a lot of tombacs. Great digs
 
LoL... I was thinking WTF is that? I've seen it before and i've seen it more than once.... :laughing9:

When it popped out the ground right in the good area by the track, I thought I had a killer brooch.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom