THE TRUTH ABOUT SECRET SOCIETIES TREASURE CACHES

rennes

Dec 11, 2016
Hatton, AR
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Treasure.net members. This is Bob Brewer. You may not recognize the name, but my partner, John London, and I were the first to post information concerning the Knights of the Golden Circle after Marc first started TreasureNet. For thirty-five years, I wrote using the pen name Hillbilly Bob. Some of the older folks will recall the KGC seminars John and I conducted at treasure shows in Texas, Tennessee, Nebraska, and Arkansas. We avoided TreasureNet for about 25 years, because of harassment by the rogue members here. Now that we have retired from our treasure consulting business, I will again post frequently. My posts are under the name RENNES. I urge all of you wishing to learn the truth, concerning famous treasure tales and real buried treasure, to read my future posts.
Warning: what I am about to do will cause the “Naysayers” to attack again, telling you, I know nothing about treasure. They are the same members who, for years, have fished the forum for information. We will get a good laugh when I prove they are the know-nothings. They regularly post here and pretend to be experts on these treasures. They know me and make derogatory statements about me and others. If you read their old posts, you will see they are ate up with jealousy because John and I never gave them the time of day. John recently passed away and left me the sole survivor of our eleven member Gold Circle Research and treasure hunting team. Now I hope to share, with TreasureNet, secrets learned during John’s and my combined 114 year careers of addiction to treasure hunting.

freeman

Apr 5, 2003
Treasure.net members. This is Bob Brewer. You may not recognize the name, but my partner, John London, and I were the first to post information concerning the Knights of the Golden Circle after Marc first started TreasureNet. For thirty-five years, I wrote using the pen name Hillbilly Bob. Some of the older folks will recall the KGC seminars John and I conducted at treasure shows in Texas, Tennessee, Nebraska, and Arkansas. We avoided TreasureNet for about 25 years, because of harassment by the rogue members here. Now that we have retired from our treasure consulting business, I will again post frequently. My posts are under the name RENNES. I urge all of you wishing to learn the truth, concerning famous treasure tales and real buried treasure, to read my future posts.
Warning: what I am about to do will cause the “Naysayers” to attack again, telling you, I know nothing about treasure. They are the same members who, for years, have fished the forum for information. We will get a good laugh when I prove they are the know-nothings. They regularly post here and pretend to be experts on these treasures. They know me and make derogatory statements about me and others. If you read their old posts, you will see they are ate up with jealousy because John and I never gave them the time of day. John recently passed away and left me the sole survivor of our eleven member Gold Circle Research and treasure hunting team. Now I hope to share, with TreasureNet, secrets learned during John’s and my combined 114 year careers of addiction to treasure hunting.
Hmm. Have you considered that within that period someone else might have found things which go beyond what you have so can critique your work?

I'm sure we all know and have encountered the problem of the person who first reads something so it settles on them as being true but many years later out comes the truth and they can't accept it?

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

rennes

Dec 11, 2016
Hatton, AR
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Friends I have more news. It is my sad duty to tell you Randy Mills of Tuttle, OK died in his sleep on June 15. Randy was not a member of GCR but was our field man on several hunts in AZ, AR and OK. He developed an uncanny ability to discover even the most subtle clues. He and LRLMan Tim Williams saved John and I some rough climbing in AZ. Randy was the one that suggested we use drones to investigate mountain tops.
I will be using some of Randy's and Tim's photos as we continue this trek into the genius of those who stashed these treasures. Most of information, I'll be sharing with the forum, will seem unbelievable because the "experts" here have yet to see it too.
Let me remind all of you, my eyesight is not great and my hands shake badly so I will make spelling and grammar errors. Bear with me, Please!
BB

OP
OP
R

rennes

Dec 11, 2016
Hatton, AR
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
This is America...write what you want. I just got back on TNet after 20 years and look forward to the stories. Especially those regarding Tennessee.
GroundHogg since you asked for something from Tennessee, I'll start with what has been talked about a lot on the forum. That is the Nashville Pike site, that is not at Brentwood. It is instead farther east. I'm going to post the treasure chart for that one and PM you the exact location. John and I have found the entrance to the old mine where that is hidden. You may comment on what I tell you if you want to have company when you go there. Our family reunion is today and I' have to leave right now. Will post that chart now or
On Nashvill Pike location visited.jpg
later today.

If anyone else would like to see something in there area, ask and if we have something in that region I'll try to post it next.

OP
OP
R

rennes

Dec 11, 2016
Hatton, AR
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Hmm. Have you considered that within that period someone else might have found things which go beyond what you have so can critique your work?

I'm sure we all know and have encountered the problem of the person who first reads something so it settles on them as being true but many years later out comes the truth and they can't accept it?
I kind of doubt that anyone has followed up on our work or got there before we did. The clues and maps to every site I've worked were all still in place. Why? Because they were not found by anyone else. I can tell you are the type that will pick everything apart and had to have been there to watch any treasure ever recovered before you'd believe it.
Open you mind to new things and you will learn something you could never imagine.
BB

freeman

Apr 5, 2003
I kind of doubt that anyone has followed up on our work or got there before we did. The clues and maps to every site I've worked were all still in place. Why? Because they were not found by anyone else. I can tell you are the type that will pick everything apart and had to have been there to watch any treasure ever recovered before you'd believe it.
Open you mind to new things and you will learn something you could never imagine.
BB

What I'm trying to allude to is, well, there has been an information E revolution that has occurred that impacts on the lore/history and workings of 'lost treasure' mysteries and stories.

The old ways of having to trawl through books, or order them and wait months, or collate data used to take a long time.

This also allowed many wrong conclusions to be reached or a lot of false messiahs to peddle stories that were in some cases massaged details to fit their ideas or worse outright fabrications:
how could you disprove them otherwise if you didn't have what they used for their research records. They then relied on this thinking no one could prove them wrong.

Now, archives are coming online so a lot of information that was not known by certain 'experts' can come to light as well as details that may show other certain experts may have just made things up.

A direct example of this is say the posting that has appeared now on Tnet about a 'Diana Muir' who was the expert from who the whole 'Sinclair sailed to America' hype came from and is now found to have been invented.

Another is say, when I researched the 'Beale Cipher' and did a quick search, collated different sources and so immediately found that the alleged decoded text of the beginning of the 'second cryptogram' was just a version of a different and earlier 'lost treasure' story plus it also contained other identifiable parts from other similar stories that were circulating at the time.

You might find that a lot might now appear from sources not even suspected before that may disprove a detail.

See there has been research into the origin of a legend popular around the south of North America about how some items from 'King Solomon' somehow ended up there. Sometimes you see mention of it scribbled on 'KGC' maps how the treasure is 'the repository of King Solomon'. So a few things might be known about this now that pre dates the later 'KGC' retellings........

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

rennes

Dec 11, 2016
Hatton, AR
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Freeman, I may live in the boondocks and be a hillbilly, but I am researching full time. I once worked as a librarian where I could order any book I wanted. Also spent thousands of hours in University archives since 1958. My office library is quite extensive and contains a section on the type of research you are into.
Still, I have yet to talk to anyone who said the "NAME" !
Yes........ the KGC is only one of a many smokescreens used to conceal the parent organization. I use the term KGC because this forum created a contest to see who could brag or lie the most about what they know about KGC. Most posts on the KGC don't mention treasure. I'll say here, the "black book,"" "Jesse James was one of his names," reveals far more than appears to 99 % of it's readers. The code therein is difficult to see if you haven't done a lot of "homework."In time as my eyes and care giving chores allow, maybe I can fill in the blanks left by my 2003 book "Shadow of the Sentinel." Simon & Schuster, NY, NY. Is more than just a pseudo biography. I wrote it to see how many readers know this arcane treasure lore. So far, nobody has come forward with anything but questions. My co-author claims the book is his but the research and gathering of material was mosty done years before we met. He is a Princeton Univ. wordsmith which is why he was involved. His name on my book is now his badge for treasure hunter. We cut ties with him when we opened a underground concrete vault and found the LUE map. Because it was what, for want of a better word,, we call a "Piecemeal" map made from various objects including bottles, farm implement and train parts, stones, horse bones etc. He called it trash, the same mistake was made by Floyd Mann and John Purpora, forum name cosmowolf, After I put two spots on their map to the "treasure of the tall tombstones" at the Devil's Promenade near Miami, OK. , they found an underground steel vault, as i was told, opened it and found a bunch of "JUNK" they threw most of it away and somethings were taken home by the crew as souvenirs. I've been there since and the redundant clues to the treasure they didn't find.. I may include that depository in a future post. I worked with a client on that site, but he has since died.
Eyes are gone fornow.
BB

wanderinPat

Greenie
Jun 5, 2023
Tennesee
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 705.
Hey Rennes ( bob), Thanks for sharing. I am also in tennessee. I have been chasing a treasure here for a few years. I also agree with you that the treasure is not in brentwood. I would like to know about the border area with Kentucky. I would love to learn more from you on the basics of finding this treasure.

OP
OP
R

rennes

Dec 11, 2016
Hatton, AR
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting

wanderinPat I can't think of anything on the border of Kentucky and Tennessee except for a large treasure recovered about 50 yards east of the Tri-state monument (corner where Tennessee, Virginia and Kentucky meet) on the Virginia state line. That large cache was put down in 1864 by Gen. John Hunt Morgan,j a leader of the KGC in Kentucky before the war. The best I recall is that the cache was 100 feet deep and filled with military hardware, cannons, wagon wheels lead, gunpowder, English made rifles and a large amount of gold at least thousands of dollors worth. Morgan was killed not too long after the burial and it was forgotten. A family story told by an old Confederate led to the discovery. Sorry i don't recall a map or chart in our files of a treasure up there. If you have any information on something I'd would take a look at it and see if I can help.​

BB​

wanderinPat

Greenie
Jun 5, 2023
Tennesee
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 705.
Thanks for responding. I have been following JJ movement after the war. He spent time under an assumed name in Tennessee near the Kentucky border after the war, and before the first robberies that he was confirmed to participate in. 1866 or 1867. They left abruptly after less then a year. Near enough to the Cumberland gap. There have been individual reports of finding JJ carvings. Though no other symbology to my knowledge. I thought perhaps this was what many believed to be the Brentwood treasure. So Likely I am wrong. However I plan to at least take trip there later this summer, or after I quit ( i mean retire next summer). I am living outside Nashville. I am willing to follow up on any leads you care to share. thanks Mike

Groundhogg

Apr 16, 2022
Franklin, TN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 900, X-Terra Pro, Quantum II, DFX, Radio Shack Discovery 1000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've lived in the Brentwood /Franklin area all my life (54yrs) and I'm unaware of the JJ story. Could one of you post a link where I can learn more. Or post a version of it here.

Bob I sent you a PM the other day...not sure if you got it

Heavygold4me

Jan 27, 2020
South mississippi
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nox 800 , Nox 600, Excalibur II, manticore
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Interesting stuff, have you done any research on anything in Mississippi?

OP
OP
R

rennes

Dec 11, 2016
Hatton, AR
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Interesting stuff, have you done any research on anything in Mississippi?
Dave there is no doubt there is plenty of caches along the old Natchez Trace that ran across Mississippi. The land pirate John Murrell was active along the trace in early 1800s. Somewhere I had an old book written in 1845 that told about his many robberies and murders.. He was known to use wells to hide his plunder and bodies. I have almost a ream of copies of waybills and map attributed to him and maybe the Kimbrell-West Klan over in Louisiana. Kimbrell and his gang were said to roam the Trace also.
BB

OP
OP
R

rennes

Dec 11, 2016
Hatton, AR
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
What I'm trying to allude to is, well, there has been an information E revolution that has occurred that impacts on the lore/history and workings of 'lost treasure' mysteries and stories.

The old ways of having to trawl through books, or order them and wait months, or collate data used to take a long time.

This also allowed many wrong conclusions to be reached or a lot of false messiahs to peddle stories that were in some cases massaged details to fit their ideas or worse outright fabrications:
how could you disprove them otherwise if you didn't have what they used for their research records. They then relied on this thinking no one could prove them wrong.

Now, archives are coming online so a lot of information that was not known by certain 'experts' can come to light as well as details that may show other certain experts may have just made things up.

A direct example of this is say the posting that has appeared now on Tnet about a 'Diana Muir' who was the expert from who the whole 'Sinclair sailed to America' hype came from and is now found to have been invented.

Another is say, when I researched the 'Beale Cipher' and did a quick search, collated different sources and so immediately found that the alleged decoded text of the beginning of the 'second cryptogram' was just a version of a different and earlier 'lost treasure' story plus it also contained other identifiable parts from other similar stories that were circulating at the time.

You might find that a lot might now appear from sources not even suspected before that may disprove a detail.

See there has been research into the origin of a legend popular around the south of North America about how some items from 'King Solomon' somehow ended up there. Sometimes you see mention of it scribbled on 'KGC' maps how the treasure is 'the repository of King Solomon'. So a few things might be known about this now that pre dates the later 'KGC' retellings........
Freeman the legend about the Ark of Covenant and other treasure from Salomon's Temple have nothing to do with the ???/KGC treasure depositories. The ???/KGC only mention of Solomon's Temple refers to the location of the door. There is no North door because the North is the region of darkness, ""You must enter the depository from the South. and work your way EAST and West. You are right about our template being part of the 47th Problem. I'm quite aware that Masons are taught sacred geometry. I taught our GCR members SG and the Golden Mean.
I caught the code in your post. Scottish Rite Masons are not privy to the the secrets of what is known as KGC treasure. You and others should not dismiss anything I say here, I'm screening this forum for replacements for my deceased team. Freeman you need not apply. Your horse is the wrong color, or do you still ride an ass?

BB

Hbot37

Bronze Member
Jul 7, 2022
North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Bob, I'm in North Carolina so I doubt you have to many KGC treasure legends near me. I just wanted to let you know that I got a copy of Shadow of the Sentinel a couple of years ago and it is was got me into treasure hunting. All I do is metal detecting and stuff, but your book made me realize theres all kinds of secrets out there, you just gotta look. So I just wanted to say thanks for that, and if you do have any NC info I'd be very interested in it. Thanks!

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

wanderinPat I can't think of anything on the border of Kentucky and Tennessee except for a large treasure recovered about 50 yards east of the Tri-state monument (corner where Tennessee, Virginia and Kentucky meet) on the Virginia state line. That large cache was put down in 1864 by Gen. John Hunt Morgan,j a leader of the KGC in Kentucky before the war. The best I recall is that the cache was 100 feet deep and filled with military hardware, cannons, wagon wheels lead, gunpowder, English made rifles and a large amount of gold at least thousands of dollors worth. Morgan was killed not too long after the burial and it was forgotten. A family story told by an old Confederate led to the discovery. Sorry i don't recall a map or chart in our files of a treasure up there. If you have any information on something I'd would take a look at it and see if I can help.​

BB​

What year was this treasure recovered? Is there any credible, verifiable evidence of its recovery you can point us to?

Last edited:

point hunter

Feb 1, 2007
West Monroe, Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, GTI 2500
Dave there is no doubt there is plenty of caches along the old Natchez Trace that ran across Mississippi. The land pirate John Murrell was active along the trace in early 1800s. Somewhere I had an old book written in 1845 that told about his many robberies and murders.. He was known to use wells to hide his plunder and bodies. I have almost a ream of copies of waybills and map attributed to him and maybe the Kimbrell-West Klan over in Louisiana. Kimbrell and his gang were said to roam the Trace also.
BB
Hi Sir. Anything along Hwy 80 (Dixie Overland Highway) around West Monroe, Louisiana and west of there? I ask because I have found one carving site with the name "Murrell". It's one of the oldest carvings @ this site and is barely visible still. There is also a big empty hole by it. I found this site by following a z shaped branch found along the highway, which has now been cut btw. lol They also used another form of uncommon limb "bending" which I have found associated with the sites in this area. When I revealed the z shaped branch clue, the best examples in my area disappeared. Go figure.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread