The truth about the AT Pro

Apr 25, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It worked fine up until now. I have found 5 rings but now it is actually unusable. Constant beeping,I tried everything. I joined because I was tired of hearing so many people talking crap claiming it was user error. I have put it a lot of time with my at pro and it has never acted like it does now. I tried three diff beaches just to be sure, and it is completely unusable. Don't be a "Chevy or ford" guy until you get your facts straight.

Apr 25, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Garret is sending a new coil and if that doesn't fix it I will be devastated. The at pro has exactly the features I want and I can't find any other md that I would want just yet.

Ace350

Apr 12, 2012
The Jersey Shore
Detector(s) used
Ace350/ATpro/2Excalibur1000's
Eldorado/Bandito II µMax/Conquistador µMax/
Silver Sabre µMax/ Compadre/ Whites TRX & Garrett Pro-Pointer/ Lesche digger model 75 Stealth 720i & S3i Scoops
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had my main coil go bad about a week and a half ago. Don't know what caused it. I think somehow water got in it. I was hunting a fresh water beach and all was working well until about a minute after I went in the water with it. The screen was jumping around all crazy and it was beeping constantly. I tried to reset it and ground balance it but it was still going crazy. So I walked back to my car and put on the smaller 5x8 coil. As soon as I put the 5x8 coil on it acted normal again. I tried the concentric coil I have for it also and it acted normal. I called Garrett right there by my car and spoke with customer service and told them what happened. They sent me a new coil out that day and I got it inside of a week! You can't beat customer service like that! I'll bet that is what happened to yours and all will be back to normal when your new coil arrives.

Viddy

Aug 16, 2011
Harrisburg, PA
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, F2, Etrac, T2, V3i, AT Pro, CTX3030, Equinox 800, Vanquish 540, Go-Find 66, F5, Q60, Apex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
the build quality is just as good as other detectors. Besides the metal poles, almost every detector is plastic (except for the White's metal boxes under the armstraps). The Tesoros have a boxy little head unit that is pretty much bulletproof. The head unit on the AT Pro has a low profile, the buttons are solid, and the cam locks keep the poles tight. Pretty much the same as other major brand's stuff like the Coinmasters, Fisher's F-series, Teknetics T-series, the ACE line, the X-Terras, etc etc etc...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread