Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
yep, i am excited, the AT GOLD is on the way, should be here Wednesday. cashed in my clad, both found and my daily loose change that i had been saving for the up grade. i had also sold a "toy" that for me had outlived my use and besides, it was something that someone else needed to be using that would really use it. the topper was the Father's day gift that i received, it is nice to be loved, especially by family (not everybody is loved by their family). The ole Ace 250 is now the wife's, she is now up graded from the Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101 which will for the grand kids' usage. I am ready to learn what i can from the AT, to see what it can unlock from the ground, i know that i have a lot to learn but i have an edge... the info provided not only by forums like this one but also by the numerous videos by other detectorists who have and are using the AT GOLD. now, even more so, the small creeks and such are open to my detecting with out fear of ruining the detector. yeah, i can't wait to put it together and go do a quick hunt at a couple of my spots to see how it works for myself.

Congrats on your new detector. I'm starting out with an Ace 250, but hope to move as well, up once I get some experience.

the 250 is a great detector, especially to see if you really want to pursue MD to the next level. I got tired of worrying about the rain and I like to detect around and in the water, wearing a metal leg brace can be challenging around wet rocks and such, so the potential of getting wet was and is high for me. I also really like the AT's abilities with the iron as well as the 5 by 8 coil. i have a 10 by 14 Accelerator coil for the 250 and it works awesome, it is a little heavy at first and does detect deeper, and found my two silvers with it. it is too heavy for my wife, she is a little itty bitty gal so she uses the stock coil. i don't ever plan to get rid of the 250, maybe the bigger coil. the 250 will serve you well until such time as you up grade and even then it will be a great back up. Jerry

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back