Quite a day yesterday.
Took the long way to a bank across town that I order coins from because I wanted to stop at a few banks I hadn't been to for awhile and ran into a detour.
While I'm at a stop sign I look up the street and see a bank at a strip mall that I don't ever remember seeing before(thought I'd found them all) and decide to stop in.
Two very nice young ladies ask if they can help me. " Do you halve any 50 cent pieces at the bank?" I ask"Well, I have this roll" and out pops this obviously old Dunbar roll with a silver end. "Do you have any more of those?" I ask. " We have a bunch more in a bag in the vault" . "Can I take a look at them"? "Sure".
Well, out comes the bag and as she is standing the rolls up I see silver ends on quite a few and ask if I can buy all of them. They need to keep 10 rolls but sell me the rest and even offer to order some for me knowing I am not a customer. I will be bringing treats back to these young ladies soon.
43 rolls, ten with silver showing and two on both sides. Well, there were 152 silver halves in those rolls including 16 64s. The bank has been open 4 years and I'm sure they were part of the opening shipment of coin to the bank. The rolls almost fell apart they were in such bad shape. These rolls were 9 years old as the newest coin in the bunch was 1998. So I went back to 1999 and got to see what it was like. Amazing!!
Took the long way to a bank across town that I order coins from because I wanted to stop at a few banks I hadn't been to for awhile and ran into a detour.
While I'm at a stop sign I look up the street and see a bank at a strip mall that I don't ever remember seeing before(thought I'd found them all) and decide to stop in.
Two very nice young ladies ask if they can help me. " Do you halve any 50 cent pieces at the bank?" I ask"Well, I have this roll" and out pops this obviously old Dunbar roll with a silver end. "Do you have any more of those?" I ask. " We have a bunch more in a bag in the vault" . "Can I take a look at them"? "Sure".
Well, out comes the bag and as she is standing the rolls up I see silver ends on quite a few and ask if I can buy all of them. They need to keep 10 rolls but sell me the rest and even offer to order some for me knowing I am not a customer. I will be bringing treats back to these young ladies soon.
43 rolls, ten with silver showing and two on both sides. Well, there were 152 silver halves in those rolls including 16 64s. The bank has been open 4 years and I'm sure they were part of the opening shipment of coin to the bank. The rolls almost fell apart they were in such bad shape. These rolls were 9 years old as the newest coin in the bunch was 1998. So I went back to 1999 and got to see what it was like. Amazing!!
Upvote
0







