Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went to two spots in Virginia. The first was a battlefield, I found some modern bullets but had such a hard time walking in the woods with all the trip 'em ups I called it a day. I then drove the hour fifteen to my camp spot. That's the one that's been hammered since forever.

It was a tough day there until the end when I found a little slope they apparently threw their trash out on.

I had retrieved two minies, a carpet bag lock, the iron buckle, a couple pieces of cool but broken CW glass, two pieces of a bullseye canteen, the top to a ration can and a few odd pieces of scrap lead and got another set of iffy signals.

I "shaved" the top of the ground off with my shovel and uncovered the neck of a black glass beer bottle, and boy was it a long neck! I was hoping it was a whole bottle, but I'd never dug one (the green type) from that spot and sure enough, it was broken, but I still kept it. I shaved some more of the ground away, and saw another glint of black glass. This one was the base of a CW case gin bottle. Again, broken. After some more probing and ground "shaving", where I take an inch or two off the top of the ground to see the character of what's underneath, I spot more green. I see a base, somewhat pointing up. So I figured it was broken too and starting my unusual digging around it thing. But this one kept on going. So now I have my first intact CW beer bottle! Yeehah! It took two days to get the red dirt off it, I still need to work on the other pieces. The targets the machine first found were just more camp lead.

One the way out I stopped at the one hut that they just threw a lot of stuff away on the ground near (I found a couple dozen bullets and at least a dozen buttons around it in the past) and pulled the three buttons of the day and the two little grommets. Eagle general service button, Eagle "C", my first and it's pretty, and another underwear button. This one came out of the ground clean. Go figure. It was a lot of fun.

View attachment IMG_0906.jpg View attachment IMG_0904.jpg IMG_0903.JPG View attachment IMG_0905.jpg IMG_0907.JPG

Upvote 29

OBXmetalDet

Aug 25, 2019
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went to two spots in Virginia. The first was a battlefield, I found some modern bullets but had such a hard time walking in the woods with all the trip 'em ups I called it a day. I then drove the hour fifteen to my camp spot. That's the one that's been hammered since forever.

It was a tough day there until the end when I found a little slope they apparently threw their trash out on.

I had retrieved two minies, a carpet bag lock, the iron buckle, a couple pieces of cool but broken CW glass, two pieces of a bullseye canteen, the top to a ration can and a few odd pieces of scrap lead and got another set of iffy signals.

I "shaved" the top of the ground off with my shovel and uncovered the neck of a black glass beer bottle, and boy was it a long neck! I was hoping it was a whole bottle, but I'd never dug one (the green type) from that spot and sure enough, it was broken, but I still kept it. I shaved some more of the ground away, and saw another glint of black glass. This one was the base of a CW case gin bottle. Again, broken. After some more probing and ground "shaving", where I take an inch or two off the top of the ground to see the character of what's underneath, I spot more green. I see a base, somewhat pointing up. So I figured it was broken too and starting my unusual digging around it thing. But this one kept on going. So now I have my first intact CW beer bottle! Yeehah! It took two days to get the red dirt off it, I still need to work on the other pieces. The targets the machine first found were just more camp lead.

One the way out I stopped at the one hut that they just threw a lot of stuff away on the ground near (I found a couple dozen bullets and at least a dozen buttons around it in the past) and pulled the three buttons of the day and the two little grommets. Eagle general service button, Eagle "C", my first and it's pretty, and another underwear button. This one came out of the ground clean. Go figure. It was a lot of fun.

View attachment 1581651 View attachment 1581652 View attachment 1581658 View attachment 1581659 View attachment 1581660

Where in Virginia did you detect?

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Three different counties, all small private permissions.

Elvis

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2007
Lafayette, Georgia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro and Nokta Simplex+
Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome haul!!!! Congrats!!!

Gregg3131