The Whites MXT Pro Can Notch Out Pull Tabs

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Apparently I'm the very first to ever post about the MXT Pro being able to notch out pull tabs. However I did have one pull that had a ID of 47 that wouldn't notch out. Apparently the top end of the notch is just below 47. It's probably 45. I just love my MXT Pro.

tabman

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What coil are you using? The D2 coil seems to like pull tabs while the 9.5 concentric coil does much better. I don't like trying to discriminate them out as the really deep targets won't give you the VDI they would at 9" or less, so I dig anything that sounds good if it's real deep. HH

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have you tested it with gold? One small ring I dug this past summer rang up at 45.

OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Have you tested it with gold? One small ring I dug this past summer rang up at 45.
No, I haven't. If I'm bigtime after gold rings I'll be swinging one of my Tesoro detectors with the discrimination set just high enough to discriminate out iron nails.

What coil are you using? The D2 coil seems to like pull tabs while the 9.5 concentric coil does much better. I don't like trying to discriminate them out as the really deep targets won't give you the VDI they would at 9" or less, so I dig anything that sounds good if it's real deep. HH
It's the Detech 5 x 10 SEF search coil. It gets around 8 inches on dime in my mild ground.

beephead

juit

Mar 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
fisher cz5
Minelab 705
Fisher f5
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No, I haven't. If I'm bigtime after gold rings I'll be swinging one of my Tesoro detectors with the discrimination set just high enough to discriminate out iron nails.

It's the Detech 5 x 10 SEF search coil. It gets around 8 inches on dime in my mild ground.

beephead

how did you do this?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread