What's new

The Whites MXT Pro Can Notch Out Pull Tabs

tabman

Bronze Member
Joined
Jul 5, 2011
Messages
2,309
Reaction score
7,255
Golden Thread
2
Location
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Apparently I'm the very first to ever post about the MXT Pro being able to notch out pull tabs. However I did have one pull that had a ID of 47 that wouldn't notch out. Apparently the top end of the notch is just below 47. It's probably 45. I just love my MXT Pro.


​


tabman

​
 
What coil are you using? The D2 coil seems to like pull tabs while the 9.5 concentric coil does much better. I don't like trying to discriminate them out as the really deep targets won't give you the VDI they would at 9" or less, so I dig anything that sounds good if it's real deep. HH
 
Have you tested it with gold? One small ring I dug this past summer rang up at 45.
 
Have you tested it with gold? One small ring I dug this past summer rang up at 45.
No, I haven't. If I'm bigtime after gold rings I'll be swinging one of my Tesoro detectors with the discrimination set just high enough to discriminate out iron nails.

What coil are you using? The D2 coil seems to like pull tabs while the 9.5 concentric coil does much better. I don't like trying to discriminate them out as the really deep targets won't give you the VDI they would at 9" or less, so I dig anything that sounds good if it's real deep. HH
It's the Detech 5 x 10 SEF search coil. It gets around 8 inches on dime in my mild ground.

beephead
 
No, I haven't. If I'm bigtime after gold rings I'll be swinging one of my Tesoro detectors with the discrimination set just high enough to discriminate out iron nails.


It's the Detech 5 x 10 SEF search coil. It gets around 8 inches on dime in my mild ground.

beephead


how did you do this?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom