Native Floridian

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ft Myers, Florida
Detector(s) used
Excal, Sov GT
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
AS a long time financial adviser i can't tell you how much pain this guy caused not only clients, but advisers as well. Jordan Belfort was a stain on the reputations of tens of thousands of honest hard working advisers who were just as disgusted by his immoral behavior as the general public.

Companies like Stratton Oakmont were created for one purpose, to enrich their owners by ripping off the unsuspecting general public.

One factor though is a lesson for all investors - they could not have done this without the investor's help. Unbridled greed drove Stratton Oakmont. But that same greed, greed on the part of the customers, is what cost those customers. Investors wanting to strike it rich. yes, they were swindled. But only because of their greed. Stratton Oakmont couldn't have done it without them!

TheCoinKid

Apr 16, 2013
Texas
Primary Interest:
Other
Ok, I saw the movie yesterday.

The movie seemed to be more about over-the-top antics and T&A (the latter of which I'm not patently against), and less about the business.

The writers tried, on some level, to have the audience empathize with Belfort, but I, personally didn't see any redeeming qualities in the man.

For a movie with a 3 hour run time, the depth/details of plot development was pretty weak (seems like most movies are that way). Not sure If I would recommend or not.

Ninjafossils

Dec 18, 2012
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Tesoro Compadre
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Other than the philosophical values, I recommend the movie for, uh, every other reasons.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread