There are more important things...

bigrig40

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2005
Central Indiana
Detector(s) used
white's
Hi all,
My dad has been in the hospital for the past few days after he had a seizure,but thank God he is o.k. and should be home tomorrow.Me and knorrski stopped to see him for a few then we went huntin alittle bit yesterday afternoon to try to unwind alittle and we didn't do too well with no oldies and no jewelry but we did find 94 coins including:15q,20d,9n,50p a token and a toy car.My dad has always been my best friend as well as a great father and when I got the call that we never want to get it really hit me hard as me and his wife were headed to the hospital.It is times like that you realize how minor your problems are.He enjoys seeing our finds so we went out as long as we brought them back for him too see.He is a big boy 6'3 and about 370 lbs,and it took 7 police and emt techs to hold him down and when they strapped him in the gurney he broke 3 of the straps!I joked with him later that as soon as he got out he had 2 assault charges to deal with!But he seems to be fine and with a couple of med changes should be o.k.Just thought I would let my treasure huntin buds in on whats been up withe bigrig and the BIGGESTRIG!Thanks for reading.

peace,bigrig

Upvote 0
S

southbound

Sounds like your dad is on the road to recovery! A mans family is the greatest treasure of all! Congrats on the finds.
Vern

bk

Bronze Member
Jan 19, 2005
SE Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE pro, Minelab Explorer XS, Garrett Freedom II (3), Garrett pro-pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wishing you the best!

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
Big,

like you said, "There are more important things."

Hope all turns out o.k.

have a good un.................

surfrat96

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2005
Hollywood, Florida
Detector(s) used
AquaSound
Bigrig, sorry to hear about your Dad. Hope he is doing well. I just lost my Dad a week and a half ago. Spend as much time with him as possible. Mine was sick for a little over 2 yrs and I spent a lot of time with him. We were also very close. Worked with him side by side for over 10yrs. You think that you're prepared when they go, but when it happens, your not.

Thoughts and prayers to him and your family.

HH 8) surfrat

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad to hear he is on the getting well side! Nice clad finds as well. HH, Mike

Rooster

Apr 1, 2005
Long Island N.Y.
Hey Bigrig, sorry to here about your dad. Sounds to me like he's a strong guy and will make a speady recovery. Hope you and Knorski are doing well. Keep on diggin. Rooster

PBK

Gold Member
May 25, 2005
Wishing the very best for your dad and you, too. Keep us posted.

trk5capt

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2005
Charleston S.C.
BIG, Been There Done That, Believe Me, Happens Every Day. Glad Your Dad Is Better. trk5capt...

Attachments

• JOHNS DETECTING PICS 058.gif
    JOHNS DETECTING PICS 058.gif
    42.1 KB · Views: 354
  • JOHNS DETECTING PICS 058.gif
    JOHNS DETECTING PICS 058.gif
    42.1 KB · Views: 364

tsgman

Bronze Member
Sep 13, 2005
Springfield, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Fisher Gold Bug, MXT, Etrac, CTX 3030, GPX 5000, Troy Shadow, CZ20, Excal II, Tesoro Stingray, AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hope your Dad gets out soon. Sounds like he is a Father to be proud of! Tsgman

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
i hope your father has a speedy recovery. surfrat, im sorry to hear about yours.

Dave N Japan

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2006
Japan
Detector(s) used
CZ-3D, CZ-20,CZ-21, F-75 LTD, AT Pro, F-44
Fisher Impulse 8 and 10,
GTA 750 CTX (new)
ADS Master Hunter 7 (Retired)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Best to all...My folks are long gone and just wish I could have spent more time together...Your kids too...enjoy them while they are young and still want to hang around and you have their time! Time goes so fast! Take care all!

M

mchamby

Hi Bigrig, sorry to hear your dad ended up in the Hospital, but it is a good place to be when a health crisis happens, believe me I have been that route too many times now. It sounds like they were able to help straighten him out and get him going again, so you need to get out there and find him some interesting treasures to look at. :o :D I hope all continues to improve. :)
Mchamby

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions