What's new

There was a Barber at the Bank today UPDATE

waseeker

Bronze Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2006
Messages
1,133
Reaction score
25
Golden Thread
0
Location
Pacific Northwest
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX; Minelab eTrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I finally got around to going through the 3 bags of cents I picked up at the same branch and one of the bags had 3 IHC. A 1902; 1906 and 1907. Now I'm wishing I had checked to see if they had nickels as well :wink:

Well it was off to the bank today to pick up my weekly bags of cents and dimes. While the teller was getting those for me I checked the reject bin of the coin counter and in addition to the usual Canadian and foreign coins there was an 1899 Barber Quarter. I then bought the quarter bag.

Final results were 1899 Barber Quarter - Reject Bin
Quarter Bag Worn out SLQ, 1946 and 1964 Silver Washington quarters.
Dime Bag 9 Silver dimes including a 1943D Merc.

There was also quite a bit of Foreign coin in the reject bin. Pics are included of those as well.
 

Attachments

  • 99 barber qtr.webp
    99 barber qtr.webp
    24.4 KB · Views: 741
  • sept 9 silver dimes.webp
    sept 9 silver dimes.webp
    37 KB · Views: 715
  • sept 9 silver qtrs.webp
    sept 9 silver qtrs.webp
    32.5 KB · Views: 717
  • sept 9 silver qtrs.webp
    sept 9 silver qtrs.webp
    32.5 KB · Views: 715
  • phillipines 20 Centavo.webp
    phillipines 20 Centavo.webp
    11 KB · Views: 711
  • palestine coins.webp
    palestine coins.webp
    26.3 KB · Views: 724
  • mexico sept 9.webp
    mexico sept 9.webp
    24.2 KB · Views: 700
  • france - S Korea Sept 9.webp
    france - S Korea Sept 9.webp
    27.1 KB · Views: 710
  • canadian sept 9.webp
    canadian sept 9.webp
    38.3 KB · Views: 712
  • sept 9 silver dimes.webp
    sept 9 silver dimes.webp
    37 KB · Views: 709
  • 99 barber qtr.webp
    99 barber qtr.webp
    24.4 KB · Views: 728
Upvote 0
Re: There was a Barber at the Bank today

sweet finds

HH
-GC
 
Re: There was a Barber at the Bank today

cool canadian coin with thekids on it.... never saw one of those before.....and the coin with the asian guy with the beard is a Korean Won .....just found a 100 won myself in the penny arcade rejects the other day....thats a lot of rejects .....wish i got that lucky.....WTG :thumbsup:
 
Re: There was a Barber at the Bank today

whats the one thats second from the bottom that says united states of america..... ???
 
Re: There was a Barber at the Bank today

mistergee said:
whats the one thats second from the bottom that says united states of america..... ???

Sorry should have mentioned that one. It's a 20 Centavo from the Philippines. It's a 1944D and was produced at the Denver mint.
 
Dude thats a lot of silver!!!! Congratulations! :)
 
If my eyes are not fooling me, that looks like an 1899-S Barber quarter...only 708,000 minted...nice find

The "S" is on the back under the tail.
 
GMan00001 said:
If my eyes are not fooling me, that looks like an 1899-S Barber quarter...only 708,000 minted...nice find

The "S" is on the back under the tail.

GMan - I looked at it several times with a glass and didn't see the S. I just checked a bit closer and there might be something there but it will need a bit of conservation to be sure.
 
waseeker said:
GMan00001 said:
If my eyes are not fooling me, that looks like an 1899-S Barber quarter...only 708,000 minted...nice find

The "S" is on the back under the tail.

GMan - I looked at it several times with a glass and didn't see the S. I just checked a bit closer and there might be something there but it will need a bit of conservation to be sure.

Its visible in the pic at least to my eyes...
 
Here I zoomed in the pic just a bit...
 

Attachments

  • index2.webp
    index2.webp
    13.6 KB · Views: 464
Ya'll are correct, there is a S there. Makes it an even better find
 
Re: There was a Barber at the Bank today UPDATE Number 2

GMAN and others.

I finally was able to remove some of the tarnish on the 1899 Barber Qtr I found a couple of weeks ago.

It is an 1899 and not and 1899S. What appeared to be a S mint mark was apparently just some tarnish. There is no hint now of a mint mark. I'll try to post a pic later.
 
man that sure looked like an s to me,maybe ya scrubbed it off lol.....still a great find
 
Here's a couple of new pics of the reverse with the tarnish removed.
 

Attachments

  • barber rev.webp
    barber rev.webp
    34.2 KB · Views: 249

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom