What's new

There were so many I had to check the bag twice!

SnakemanBill

Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 24, 2008
Messages
411
Reaction score
233
Golden Thread
0
Location
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Picked up a coin machine bag this morning at one of my local banks. she told me she had $492 in the machine. I was a little discouraged as I had emptied the machine bag just before Christmas. I figured someone had dumped a searched halve box on me. I took a chance and bought it anyway. I thought I could hear the tinkle of silver when she dumped her bag into mine. I thanked her and went to the truck. Grabbed a handful and lo and behold there's silver in there! There were so many I had to go through the bag twice to pick up the ones I missed! I ended up with 354 40%ers and 84 90%ers! all the 90's were Kennedys. Thats a great bag! Going to take my teller friend some chocolates tomorrow!
 
Upvote 0
Best in awhile. :icon_thumright:
 
keverett said:
They deserve chocolates for sure!!

So what did the tellers do that was so special as to deserve chocolates?

The only thing they did was take the bag off the machine and sell it. The amount of effort required was equal to what they would do if it were a skunk bag. If you feel tellers deserve chocolates everytime they sell you a skunk bag too, I say go for it!

I understand being happy and feeling generous because you had success, but if you take a step back and look at the bigger picture, the tellers really didn't do anything special. The bank just happened to be in possession of a good bag and the tellers didn't take it for themselves.

Actually, bringing in chocolates may arouse their suspicions and they might start buying the bags for themselves instead. I'm just saying....

Congrats on the bag by the way.
 
Nice - :icon_thumright: That is a dream bag. I would go for the other bags ASAP.

Maine_Jim
 
Yeah I try to stick to buying gifts for tellers just on special holidays as a thank you. But what ever floats your boat.

Golden Silver
 
On the topic of bags, wen I go to my dump bank tomorrow ( since I havnt dumped there in forever) should I ask to buy the bag they have first?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom