cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Chest waders can be dangerous if they get flooded, so, be very careful. I'd carry a nice dive knife with me strapped to my leg if I was using those. If you fall and they fill with water, you might not be able to stand back up. A quick cut with the knife and the water will drain out the bottom.

OP
OP
billb

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Chest waders can be dangerous if they get flooded, so, be very careful. I'd carry a nice dive knife with me strapped to my leg if I was using those. If you fall and they fill with water, you might not be able to stand back up. A quick cut with the knife and the water will drain out the bottom.
Thanks again
GOOD information..
I just go to lakes now and don’t go deep usually staying in levels under my belt.
Got to be careful as accident’s can always happen without notice

Chilli

Feb 10, 2022
OZ (Down Under)
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705
Garrett 24k
AlgoForce E1500
Hi Mate .I wear chest waders while water hunting.
I probably should learn to be a better swimmer also
Ahh. I once saw a video of a guy that snorkeled and had a car tube tethered to his waist with a mesh netting in it for him to throw his finds into. I thought that was a good idea. Though I suppose in a current it would work against you, probably ok in lakes.

OP
OP
billb

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ahh. I once saw a video of a guy that snorkeled and had a car tube tethered to his waist with a mesh netting in it for him to throw his finds into. I thought that was a good idea. Though I suppose in a current it would work against you, probably ok in lakes.
I’ve never snorkeled but I think they get a target and fan the area with there hand
That’s a neat technique but I use a long handle metal scoop
Try water hunts sometimes mate.
This is the last weekend of Summer here
Take care

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hadn't seen that quarter yet. It's kinda hard to keep up with what's being minted anymore it seems.

OP
OP
billb

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hadn't seen that quarter yet. It's kinda hard to keep up with what's being minted anymore it seems.
I didn’t realize the new series till I got home and my wife quickly said why does this look different
Take care

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread