What's new

Thermometer Scale?

Erik in NJ

Silver Member
Joined
Oct 4, 2010
Messages
4,065
Reaction score
3,043
Golden Thread
1
Location
The Garden State
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro & CTX-3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thought this was junk, but found it was engraved with a scale upon rinsing. Looks like a thermometer scale. Note the odd symbol at 0. Ever seen this before?
 

Attachments

  • Thermometer Scale - 002.webp
    Thermometer Scale - 002.webp
    47.5 KB · Views: 277
  • Thermometer Scale - 003.webp
    Thermometer Scale - 003.webp
    49.3 KB · Views: 284
Sure looks like a thermometer. The symbol at zero is a "Jesus Fish"
 
Upvote 0
Yeah I was reminded of that when I saw it :D, but I doubt that's what they had in mind. Just noticed the words "Tempe- rate", "Freez- ing", and "Zero". The wires to hold the thermometer in place are still there and I see a "26" engraved near the bottom corner. The item unfortunately is too brittle to unbend.
 
Upvote 0
blood heat-98
summer heat-74
temp rate-56
freezing-32
These marks a common on old thermometers, I have wall thermometers from the 1920s with those marks but have never seen the fish mark on one.
 
Upvote 0
looks like the backboard to a candy thermometer
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom