They call me "Doc."

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

piegrande

Bronze Member
May 16, 2010
I was remembering my military service. I spent more than half of my two years in Crash Rescue, HHC, Fort Lewis, Gray Air base. We had those gigantic crash rescue trucks like you see on TV.

Two medics were on both A and B shift, and went on runs with us, us in our big trucks, they in their vans. One of them had been a medic in VN. He said over there he was allowed to do anything to the local people that did not require an anesthetic. He spent most of his spare time reading medical books. He really know his stuff, both injuries and Illnesses. But, in the US, he was not allowed to prescribe aspirin. He was a cool guy!! Thanks for invoking that memory.

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was remembering my military service. I spent more than half of my two years in Crash Rescue, HHC, Fort Lewis, Gray Air base. We had those gigantic crash rescue trucks like you see on TV.

Two medics were on both A and B shift, and went on runs with us, us in our big trucks, they in their vans. One of them had been a medic in VN. He said over there he was allowed to do anything to the local people that did not require an anesthetic. He spent most of his spare time reading medical books. He really know his stuff, both injuries and Illnesses. But, in the US, he was not allowed to prescribe aspirin. He was a cool guy!! Thanks for invoking that memory.

A Company 29th Signal Battalion, North Fort Lewis - 82 thru 84..... Long enough to grow duck feathers lol....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread