What's new

They closed my account.

jemsdca

Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2007
Messages
53
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
After going to my dump bank and informing them that due to company policy and state law they must take a deposit of coin rolled or not rolled. They got on the phone and after about 45 minutes found out that I was correct. So instead of giving the paper roles to me, and being happy to have me roll them, they told me to go to Wal-Mart. After that I said, “No, you’re going to take my coin. That’s your bank policy” she walked away and came back with a check and said, “Your account has been closed” witch they can do. I replied I don’t want a check give me cash, they ran out of large bills and ended up giving me come 10’s. But that’s ok; I pissed them off as much as they did me, if not more. I took them closing my account as a compliment that I had found out the bank policy/law and forced them to ether take my coin or lose a platinum client. As I have said before I have never been good with writing.
 
Upvote 0
complain--to the state folks and even fed level---they should have asked if there was any outstanding checks before closing your account because by not doing so they under funded your account--thus in effect forcing you to have illegal "unfunded" outstanding checks----the local branch managers "total refusal to honor standing company policy and state law that the coins be accepted for deposit by refusing to "accept" your deposit of money was a form of discrimation---(coins vs paper cash deposit) ---due to her bad additude --you had no choice and were forced to prove your point---after calling and finding out that you were in fact correct -- that they must accept the coins (rolled or unrolled) as per both the company policy and state laws --(thus proving to them the legality of your deposit! and the fact that they had to take your deposit)--- she was " very bitter" and then illegaly "retalitated" against you with the "forced" closing of your account against your wishes and did not "close it" properly (another form of discrimation)---she was attempting to cause youeconomic hardship by not closing the account properly**** by not asking you about any outstanding checks (a standard practice) and thus by not properly adjusting the account funds to cover any outstanding checks --she was in effect attempting to have you "bounce" checks, being in the banking bussiness she knew full well the problems that this would cause you----thus attempting to cause you both economic (fines,bonced check fees,legal fees) and possibly even legal harm (court / bad legal record / jail time) to you and at the very least distrupting your normal bussiness flow of funds by closing your account unexpectedly and without good reason.--- of course ---you must in good faith pay off any uncleared checks by paying those who "took" them and getting the checks from them or depositing enough money to cover them as "legally" you must do----Ivan
 
Wow, thank you all for your comments. I had 3 checks out, one to another bank for halves in the same day of the closing of my account the two others where to a coin store and a family friend. All of witch had been taken care of. The other bank was the hardest to deal with. As upset as I am for what they did, as long as nothing legally comes back to me that’s fine. If I had the time I would try one of the many things you guys mentioned above but with school, work and the many other aspects of life I don’t have much time. I found a new bank to deal with, but after making it very clear what it was that I would be doing, they now don’t want to take the coin ether. I think it’s funny, I talked to one person and make It very clear what I am going to be doing before I opened the new account. I came in the next day with 2160 in halves, and the teller says, “Someone would like to speak with you” to make a long story short she said not to bring anything back. So I opened the 3rd bank account this month, I am just waiting for the IRS to show up at my door. If this new bank does not work out, I will have to quit CHR. I think ill cut my orders down to 3-6 boxes a week, as of now I have been getting 3 boxes a day. CHR was once a fun thing, and still is, but dealing with the banks has to be the worst thing I have done. After all this I really think it’s all discrimination based on age.
 
Jemsdca,

Just a little bit of advice, NEVER EVER tell anyone what you are doing and make up stories like your grandpa gave you the halves or something like that when you get coins or dump. The less people that know what you are doing, the more success you will have with ordering boxes, dumping, etc. Once again, DO NOT tell anyone what you are doing. It is none of the tellers business what you do with the coins. Just make up a story and stick with it and you will have lots more success.
 
I wonder what would happen if you went to another branch and tried to open an account.
 
Where are you from Jemsdca? I was having the same problem at a bank of mine. I would like to see them close the accounts as I have a loan 2 savings accounts and 2 checking acounts between me and my wife and daughter. I was sending most of my halves back to 2 branches of the same bank. 2 of them gave me a hard time. and one of them wasnt even the main drop off. The lady was supposed to call me back and tell me how many a week they could accept. She never called. So basically the issue is still unresolved. You can read about it in one of my previous posts. It took them about $75,000 in halves before they said something though. My suggestion is to send in a friend who has an account there or some relative. Then eventually tell that person to tell the teller that "(whatever your name is) says Hi!" That should be good. 3 boxes a day is kinda alot... I would like to do that too.... but if you want to fly under the radar I would go with less or spread out your dumps more.
 
3 boxes a day??? Good god...no wonder they closed your account!!!

3 boxes a week would even be pushing it.

I usually only order one a week, and sometimes 2, and I spread my returns around between 10-12 branches of my dump bank, so I only show up to dump off a box at anyt one branch about once every 7-8 weeks. And even then, I turn in a maximum of one box per branch.

Last thing I want is to have them refuse my deposits of halves. That is why I do not order so much from my order bank. That and I do not have the time to search more than 2 boxes a week.
 
:D Haha :D Yea they wanna play mean we can too. Contact the papers tell them your money is no good. Lets get famous ;D

Keep @ it and HH!!
 
I would also recommend contacting the newspapers, they love stories like this. See how the Bank likes the bad publicity. I think they owe you an apology.
 
Yeah 3 boxes a day is a lot. I don’t think I am going to do anything; I don’t want more people to start in my area. If all the banks lock me out then ill do something about it. But banks may stop ordering halves as a new policy.
 
Jem, lets have the name of the bank that shun you off. I hope its not one of the ones I use. I agree that you need to spread your dumps around. I get 2 or 3 boxes a week and usually dump at most $300-400 to any one bank branch per month. That way they don't get POed at me and I have had no problem in over a year of CRHing.
 
Only a few of those up here and I don't use them. On my first pass thru the area they never had halves and weren't very helpfull so I have never gone back.
 
Yeah well I have opened 2 new accounts and am going to spread out my drops as much as I can. I have found most banks want the coin in 1000$, so they can ship it out. So that’s what ill do.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom