Bobbypins

May 31, 2008
Okinawa, Japan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whatever gets the job done
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Went out again tonight for another hunt before my buddy Jason leaves Okinawa for a while. We decided to hit a different beach tonight just for the sake of trying something different.

We headed to Sunset beach in the American Village area. This beach has a lot of traffic on a daily basis... to include the random detectorists who frequent these areas too. I know of a few people who hunt almost exclusively on a few local beaches, and they really work these areas over... HARD.

We get to the beach around 12:30am... and shockingly there's still people roaming around. I guess it's a Japanese thing... just go hang out at the beach and spend your time chatting it up. No booze, no drugs... just idle chit chat. Maybe us Americans need to try more of that.

I hit the high tide line and my first target was a piece of foil. My second target, however, turned out to be a gold ring... which quickly went into my pocket until I had the time and fewer prying eyes. But it was looking like the night was starting off well :icon_pirat:

My son didn't do so well, having only dug more pulltabs and trash. I stuck him on the MXT tonight in hopes that he could discriminate out a bunch of trash, but he did manage to come away with some american clad by the time the night was over. I don't think his dedication was up to par tonight. These late nights wear on the body, and I have to cut him some slack... he's only 14.

Jason fared about as well, having dug a few hundred yen. The Infinium is a bad azz toy, and once he gets that machine figured out, he's going to kill it over here. I love my Infinium too, but lately I've been mastering the Excal.

The Yen finds for me were slim in the beginning.... 101 yen by the half way point of our night. While I knew I had a gold ring to tally up, I like to see some strong yen numbers too. That wasn't to be the case. These beaches in this part of town are hunted harder than I would have the patience for. I know there's still more to be found out there, but given the level of competition, I might just stick to visiting these areas when i want a break from my haunts. But it goes to show that even though these areas get hunted to complete death... you never do get it all

So here's the plundering for the night...

437 yen $5.67
10k gold ring 2 grams

And as always... thanks for stopping by and taking a looky loo. While I may not be on the Gold Coast or hunting alongside Gravedigger Max up in VA beach... I'll try to hold my own a few thousand miles away in Okinawa.

002-4.jpg

003-3.jpg

004-3.jpg

Upvote 0

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting