They never truly hunted out....

diggerduo

Greenie
Mar 1, 2016
Alabama
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went out yesterday at a field that we have looked for arrowheads before and that we know has been hunted probably for fifty years,anywho I decided to think outside the box and I studied the landscape and I realized all the trees and wooded area were not any older than maybe 100 years.

Got out my handheld rake went into wood line decided to scratch around for a few minutes and within five minutes found this one a
Foot down and the chips scattered in my dirt I pulled out. Had to be somewhere so had to go but I am going back a.s.a.p.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 109
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 109
Upvote 0

monsterrack

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2013
Southwest Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett, and Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sometimes you do have to think out of the box. A lot of the place's I hunt, no one wants to walk off in or they think it's not a large enough stream or wash. An my favorite thing is hearing someone say it's hunted out. Nice find:thumbsup:

NCPeaches

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2013
Western Piedmont North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My question for anyone that thinks it's hunted out is how can it ever be hunted out when you think of the many many generations of people who lived there for 1000's of years. Not so much hunted out as it's moved around and you were lucky to find the spot where one moved :thumbsup: Good eye and great find!

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:hello: Welcome!

It is a sure thing to always look in spots that you may least suspect to find anything. Your photo's are rather blurry, could you please present some better pictures, thanks. Let's see that pretty point.

ptsofnc

Apr 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Always glad to see finds at fields that people think are "hunted out". Hope you have more finds there!

Kaleb71386

Dec 31, 2013
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350. Garrett at pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The only thing I find funny about the story is you must have been raking really hard to get 1ft down might as well grab a digging tool. There is no such thing as hunted out with artifacts. Please let us see a better pic of this translusant beauty

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good looking point

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread