What's new

Thimble Info Needed

Hill Billy

Bronze Member
Joined
Jun 3, 2007
Messages
1,769
Reaction score
76
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm trying to find info on this thimble I found today.
I wonder of it's age due to where it was found.
I have googled and come up with nothing.
Would appreciate any help.
It says, Lay or Bust 332 So Lasalle St, Chicago Ill
Thanks
 

Attachments

  • lLay or Bust 001.webp
    lLay or Bust 001.webp
    21.3 KB · Views: 306
  • lLay or Bust 002.webp
    lLay or Bust 002.webp
    15.7 KB · Views: 312
  • lLay or Bust 003.webp
    lLay or Bust 003.webp
    21.3 KB · Views: 300
  • lLay or Bust 004.webp
    lLay or Bust 004.webp
    12.5 KB · Views: 308
Thanks Nick on the ID, wonder how old it is?
Found on one of the earliest sites on our farm.
 
Upvote 0
All I could find was that their signs were made some 70 to 80 years ago...not anything on the company it's self
Lot's of repro stuff made about them now...signs mostly, a baseball cap

If you google Lay or Bust Dry Mash, you'll see stuff about them from 1915 to 1920's
 
Upvote 0
My favorite Lay or Bust sign. I have one at home. Exploding chicken and all.

92-1075309200.jpg
 
Upvote 0
Lay or Bust was a feed company....

And at one time, feed bags were made of printed muslim and farm wives used them to make shirts and dresses...the thimble was, most likely, a give-away to customers...

I recall the bags being available into the mid 1050's...

Many of my sisters dress were made of those same bags.
 
Upvote 0
stefen said:
Lay or Bust was a feed company....

And at one time, feed bags were made of printed muslim and farm wives used them to make shirts and dresses...the thimble was, most likely, a give-away to customers...

I recall the bags being available into the mid 1050's...

Many of my sisters dress were made of those same bags.

Mid 1050's :o
 
Upvote 0
stefen said:
Lay or Bust was a feed company....

And at one time, feed bags were made of printed muslim and farm wives used them to make shirts and dresses...the thimble was, most likely, a give-away to customers...

I recall the bags being available into the mid 1050's...

Many of my sisters dress were made of those same bags.

Surely you meant 1950, atleast I hope so.

Thanks everyone!
 
Upvote 0
Hill Billy said:
stefen said:
Lay or Bust was a feed company....

And at one time, feed bags were made of printed muslim and farm wives used them to make shirts and dresses...the thimble was, most likely, a give-away to customers...

I recall the bags being available into the mid 1050's...

Many of my sisters dress were made of those same bags.

Surely you meant 1950, atleast I hope so.

Thanks everyone!

Sorry. I had to do it. :D
 
Upvote 0
It was a slip of a finger ;D
 

Attachments

  • thefinger.webp
    thefinger.webp
    22 KB · Views: 180
  • thefinger.webp
    thefinger.webp
    22 KB · Views: 182
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Replies
14
Views
904
  • Question Question
🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Any ideas?
Replies
4
Views
556

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom