What's new

THing In The Bahamas?

Valley Ranger

Silver Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2011
Messages
2,523
Reaction score
1,396
Golden Thread
0
Location
Shenandoah Valley
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Makro Racer 2, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
TH'ing In The Bahamas?

Hey folks - anyone ever done any metal detecting in the Bahamas? I'm leaving Saturday to stay a few days on Paradise Island and was curious about the laws, etc. Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
 
Re: TH'ing In The Bahamas?

I've never been there specifically, but just in general, for all the south american, carribean, and mexican beach resort destinations, detectors are a common site.

This isn't to say that some people probably haven't found themselves a "no", if they asked enough lawyers, bureaucrats, consulates, etc... This would probably be because the answer got couched in terms of shipwreck salvor laws, historic monuments, exporting gold bars out of the country, and other such things.
 
Re: TH'ing In The Bahamas?

Tom_in_CA said:
I've never been there specifically, but just in general, for all the south american, carribean, and mexican beach resort destinations, detectors are a common site.

This isn't to say that some people probably haven't found themselves a "no", if they asked enough lawyers, bureaucrats, consulates, etc... This would probably be because the answer got couched in terms of shipwreck salvor laws, historic monuments, exporting gold bars out of the country, and other such things.

Thanks! I hope to hear from someone who has actually detected there. I appreciate the advice though.
 
Re: TH'ing In The Bahamas?

I hit Paradise island a long time ago - never any problem
some guys hit a few Nassau beaches and were told by some beach guards they needed a permit and permits were like $25
dont know if it was a scam or not
 
Re: TH'ing In The Bahamas?

CASPER-2 said:
I hit Paradise island a long time ago - never any problem
some guys hit a few Nassau beaches and were told by some beach guards they needed a permit and permits were like $25
dont know if it was a scam or not

Thanks!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom