Things from my partners past

Midden-marauder

Dec 10, 2023
I was messing around in a patch of grass next to our house with a pinpointer and found a few odds and ends.
The horn amulet is actually my partners, I found it buried about a half inch down, she lost it in highschool, like, 30 years ago. The wrench is one of a number found on the property that belonged to her great grandpa, some of them I was able to squarely date in the mid 1940s and I'm sure this one is no exception, I did take a couple days to clean it up.
The brass thing I have no idea, some bit of broken jewelry. I've found things on the property that belonged to my partner when she was a child in the same area so I continue to hunt there, there may be a few more trinkets lurking.....

Attachments

• IMG_20240519_205611916.jpg
    IMG_20240519_205611916.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 60
Upvote 9
Provenance ups the value of recoveries.
That's the fun of searching the property we live on. We have strong documentation of the history and tantalizing clues to a past that existed before the known parts. The whole reason I ever even picked up detecting had to do with finding pieces of my partners family who have occupied the place for 3 generations, I've found quite a bit at this point. One of my favorite parts was finding a cute, rhinestone studded metal dragonfly that was a piece of jewelry belonging to my partner when she was about 4.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back