Think about how you address your children in front of their peers

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
Gordon Wayne Lawson (a great AMERICAN) and I were ,and are, best friends from the age of 3 .
We were also so rotten that by the age of 10 we had taught ourselves not to smile . Anytime
anyone in the community saw us smiling they commenced to whuppin' on us with the certainty that we had done something we hadn't been caught at , yet . My Daddy was a man of little patience and addressed me in the same manner every time he caught me and/or Gordie in an indescretion .(An almost daily ocurrance.)
First day of the first grade the wellmeaning teacher asked us to stand in turn and introduce ourselves .
When it came his turn ; little Gordie stood and said ,"My name is Gordon Wayne Lawson ."
My turn was next and I stood and announced in a firm voice ,"My name is James Edward Michael "
My buddy Gordie jumped to his feet and exclaimed ,
"TEACHER ! He's lyin to you ! I've known him all my life and his name is 'G@DNIT BUTCHIE'!"
And thus I remain to this day to those that were in that first grade class .

S

stefen

I think we went to different schools together at the same time :laughing7:

OP
OP
truckinbutch

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
stefen said:
I think we went to different schools together at the same time :laughing7:
Had we gone to the same school there probably wouldn't be a school there now :occasion14:

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I was in first grade we had a kid who was so ornery his dad came into the class room and tied him to his desk. His dad was the principal! Monty

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When our kids were babies we addressed them as baby poo or snookums or some such baby talk name. At age 3 they were Little Monsters! At age 12 they were called the Quiz Kids because they asked so many questions. As teenagers they were known as Axxholes because they thought they knew everything and were always into some mischief. As adults we address them as equals although they will always be our babies. Now they are going through the same ritual with their kids. Paybacks are indeed hell! Monty

OP
OP
truckinbutch

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
Monty ,
You are soooooo RIGHT ! :hello2: :hello2:
I've got grandkids every day :icon_thumright:
I spit in the fireplace , use 'barn talk' indescriminately , fart when I feel like it , and tell them how to get in 'good' trouble while I'm teaching them worthwhile things about surviving in this
life .
About time for their parents to pick em up in the evening I load them up on cocacola and candy bars . Their folks can pull them down off the walls after they get them home :tongue3:
Tell me I don't get paybacks !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread