Thinking about the F75 -CS question

makton

Mar 5, 2008
New Lenox, Il
Detector(s) used
Explorer II with 10x12 SEF
Hey Folks,
I got a line on a new F75 trading in my M6. My dealer is shying me away from the F75 saying he has gotten a couple in lately DOA. He said it's hit or miss if you get a good one or bad but if it's not DOA and gives you problems, you have the headaches of dealing with Fisher/FT.

My question is have any of you run into headaches dealing with Customer Service and/or had problems with the new units not quieting down(could be user errors)?

5 year warranty means nothing if you are constantly sending it in or having problems with their CS. Also, is 799.00 a great price for a new unit?

Thanks,
Makton

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It can be a "sparky" unit in certain areas. DO NOT be afraid to turn the sensitivity way down if that is what it takes. It is VERY sensitive at the higher settings, which gives you a wide range of useable settings. It is a hot unit. If we all used our ovens at the highest settings possible the cookies would be burnt. Set the F-75 to your soil and conditions, not some pre-conceived notion. The good news is that it is very fast and easy to adjust. Most of the menu is right there on the display and it is simple to get where you need to be with the one dial and one button. The trigger serves to ground balance it, so that (crucial) function is always readily available.

Forget about air-testing indoors. It is just impossible (at least in my doors). Take it outside and put the coil over some soil and it calms down and starts hunting - like a good beagle.

Can't say about the frequency of "DOA" units. I only bought one and it was fine. Sent it back for the upgrade and it only took a few days (eight, I believe, including to & from time).

I paid $934.15 for mine with the dust & coil covers and the factory incentive F-Point pinpointer. Plus a Gray Ghost Rattler headset thrown in "free". At the time that was the mandated low price, I believe.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions