🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab CTX3030 w 11" and 17" DD coils,
Minelab Excalibur II w 10" coil, Equinox 800 (4) w 11" and 15" coils,
Troy Shadow x2 w 7" coil, Pointers; Garrett Carrot, Pro Find 35,
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I’ve had it!

Bought Fisher F-Pulse pointer in early 2019 and it did not work properly at the beach with my CTX 3030 or even w/o it. Sent it in to Fisher and got replacement. Tried second F-Pulse pointer a few times, it failed on dry dirt. Sent to Fisher and Fisher sent me a third F-pulse pointer. I just had an opportunity at the beach to try my third F-pulse pointer and the unit turned-on would NOT respond to targets and WOULD NOT turn-off. I happen to be using my Nox 800, but that is beside the point and has no influence on function. Had to wait the required time before pointer automatically shut off.

On my 3rd F-Pulse in 9 months and none of them worked right. Turn it on and it doesn't work at all and you can't turn it off. Told Fisher that if they couldn't give me a refund on the second one to just KEEP IT! They sent me a third one any ways and just tried it at beach hunt and it turned-on but would not turn off and didn't respond to targets. During a hunt at low tide this pointer will drive you nuts because it simply doesn't work. You'll be working like crazy to get the pointer to work or even turn-off instead of time hunting for gold. Not even bothering to return to Fisher a 3rd time, and it wasn't cheap!

P.S., If you want a Fisher F-Pulse pointer, I'll sell you one real cheap, like $25, includes shipping! PM me for address. ALL SALES FINAL. No returns.
:censored:

Upvote 0

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Man, that's a real bummer! I've used and tested many, and I always come back to the Garrett Pro Pointer. :occasion14:

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A quick reset you can give it a slight shake so the batteries disconnect (spring compresses slightly and disconnects the power). Takes one second.

It's very sensitive and will pick up metal from a foot away or more, so don't turn it on near metal. ML detectors probably don't help things.

Last edited:

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Garrett carot is way to go

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I only has to reset mine (original version) a couple of times. I think the new software they fixed that.

OP
OP
L

LawrencetheMDer

Feb 22, 2014
Ohio and Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab CTX3030 w 11" and 17" DD coils,
Minelab Excalibur II w 10" coil, Equinox 800 (4) w 11" and 15" coils,
Troy Shadow x2 w 7" coil, Pointers; Garrett Carrot, Pro Find 35,
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
The Pointer is sold...God have mercy on his soul!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread