Third Time out with Cibola.

JakePhelps

Silver Member
Jul 7, 2005
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola
Gettin' better but still just shells & slugs... Downside to having a good detector is now iv gotta dig all these .22 shells my other one missed :P Got a modern dropped bullet, couple older shotgun shells, bunch of .22 shells, a short .22 shell, an unmarked old shell, and a whatsit that looks like a washer folded in half or something..anyone know what it is? its gotta be old, it was deep and is brass with a heavy patina on it.

Attachments

• ThirdCibolaOuting.JPG
    ThirdCibolaOuting.JPG
    53.7 KB · Views: 332
  • ThirdCibolaOuting (1).JPG
    ThirdCibolaOuting (1).JPG
    44.5 KB · Views: 330
Upvote 0

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
Jake,

sounds like your getting to know the new machine.?

Have you only been working your woods?? Ever think of hitting a school or park and
see what the new machine will do there?? I always hit an area like that when I want to test
something out.

have a good un..........

OP
OP
JakePhelps

JakePhelps

Silver Member
Jul 7, 2005
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola
Yep, gettin pretty used to it, just gotta fine tune it for depth now :) ?Iv been hitting an old area in my woods where iv been finding nice artifacts in the past. ?Hoping to find some older 1700's stuff. All my schools are newer, im going for the older relics ;D ?I want to take it to my aunts house, lots of great places I scouted out there.

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Glad you're workin' the new machine Jake,Nice find's.You'll have that puppy zero'd in no time HH!!

tsgman

Bronze Member
Sep 13, 2005
Springfield, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Fisher Gold Bug, MXT, Etrac, CTX 3030, GPX 5000, Troy Shadow, CZ20, Excal II, Tesoro Stingray, AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jake, you and the machine must become one, may the force be with you! Just kidding, good luck. Tsgman

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you and nana been hanging out again? ;)

WV_Detecting

Oct 24, 2005
WV
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Any time I am in the woods and get a good nickel signal it seems to be one of those, but you gotta dig em cause you never know

redlined

Jan 15, 2006
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
MXT,Excellerator 4.5x7,Ace 250, Bounty Hunter 202
The bent washer thing looks like a lock for a cable snare used to trap furbearers.They're actualy called washer locks.

OP
OP
JakePhelps

JakePhelps

Silver Member
Jul 7, 2005
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola
I don't know what the signals are, all I know is they are not iron unless its big. Thanks redlined, ill have to check those out and see :)

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Nice Jake. Looks like you and your new unit are getting along good. By summer time you shoud be pulling some good finds.

Good Luck

HH Jer

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread