Thirty Cent Weekend

smittyman

Jun 6, 2012
Charlotte NC
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was able to get out this Sat. with Carolina Tom. We had been invited to hunt my in-laws 1907 house - about an hours drive south. I wasn't very excited since my brother in law had told me on my first visit that he had previously allowed two other detectorists to hunt there on separate occasions and I had gone on to spend approx. 10-12 hours hunting there with very little reward for my effort. On this Sat. however my very first dig yielded a sweet 1956 Rosie in the front yard - a place that I felt sure I had pounded and that those who were there before me would have also. My second target was another surprise when it showed itself to be a 1952d Rosie. Also both were less than 4" deep. So much for "hunted out".

On Sunday I got a late start and really didn't have anyplace to go that excited me and I ended up at my old elementary school. I've hunted there a lot and know at least five other guys who have hit it hard. I hadn't found any silver there previously but I did find my first Indian cent there last year. So Sunday I was surprised when early on I hit a 44p merc. The rest of the hunt turned up nothing but I was very happy with the great Carolina weather and the ability to get out and hunt this time of year.

Also I want to send a big THANKS! to Vino for a special assist this weekend!

ATTACH=CONFIG]1107826[/ATTACH] IMG_1505.jpgIMG_1510.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1504.jpg
    IMG_1504.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 95
Upvote 7
3 Silver weekend is good in my book. Congrats on finding the goodies the others have missed. I love that more than anything, following/hunting a pounded site and pulling the goodies! WTG

Congrats on a silvery weekend. You are all over the silver coins! I think that it is going to be a BIG year for you. GL&HH!

PS: Tell Zeke that I said hi.

Well, thanks to Vino and his miracle program for the CTX303 Steve has now become a silver finding machine. No telling how much he'll find this year if he spends more time hunting. Congrats on a very productive weekend.

Congrats on your finds. I have been thinking about hunting a field and using marking paint since I can't dig, lol. Wonder if it would be there in 2 months?

LOL..........That little dog hates you, Tom!!!

Smittyman will tell you, that Zeke likes me now. I petted him this weekend, and he didn't bite me! That is a vast improvement from my prior experiences!

Attachments

• IMG_20141219_112444_377-1.jpg
    IMG_20141219_112444_377-1.jpg
    189.8 KB · Views: 64
great weekend finds

Nice silvers! Oddly enough I had a thirty center day myself. 7:30 am to Noon at a local park yielded only 10 pennies and 2 dimes exactly. no silver though, oldest was a '65 so I was close. HH:thumbsup:

You guys in the queen city are killing the silver! Congrats

Nice results there for sure ! Go get a few more - I'm not sure we will ever no why a target does not present itself to a detector one day
and the next it does - there really is a mystery here . i'm positive that on a few occasions I put my search coil over the same spot on
different days - with radically different results .

Nice results there for sure ! Go get a few more - I'm not sure we will ever no why a target does not present itself to a detector one day
and the next it does - there really is a mystery here . i'm positive that on a few occasions I put my search coil over the same spot on
different days - with radically different results .

My theory is that several things all going on at the same time determine whether or not you find a target on a given day. First.........ground conditions. I seem to find more shortly after a rain when the ground is moist. Second I think the direction you're walking is a key. Might miss a coin walking left to right, but might find it walking right to left, or top to bottom, or bottom to top. Finally I think your mood has a lot to do with it. If you're relaxed and really paying attention to your machine you tend to hear more then if you're in a bad mood or antsy that day. Could be totally wrong, but that is my humble opinion

I agree with all those things Beez. And I think it's the different combinations of these factors that keep us mystified.

That is a nice collection of 30 cents, Congratulations on the silver.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back