Feb 11, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab X- Terra 305
Nokta Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey all.
Like the thread states the Legend does hunt and finds the silvers.
First off no one besides my family has lived in the home I'm in it set for a few months shy of 2 years before we moved in mainly because of the nasty shape the idiot who put the home here left the lot in.
He was told to bring in fill dirt here and instead brought in what was basically nothing but sand so I had to do it all myself and seed the lawn.
The roof has been replaced twice in 21 years and the gutters replaced so I know where all the trash is.
Every year my community has two yard sales one in the spring and one in the fall.
I have a relative who comes and has set up over a timespan of 11 to 13 years this being my mother.
She sells a lot of jewelry with different gem stones in them of course there's no getting around weather and over the years there's always been one incident or the other where one or more ring box has ended up in the yard or missing a ring.
After years of owning one detector or the other I've not really even bothered to go looking until early this evening and there they were.
At least 6, though I suspect a seventh all lined up like pretty little ducks in a straight row less than a foot away from where we always set up the awning tent and tables.
I've not even dug them yet but I'm 99.999% sure their rings their ringing up and identifying in the silver range.
At least it won't be hard to find the owner in this case.
Now if I could just find a whole row of Morgan's lined up like that.:icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
Bucketfreak68

Bucketfreak68

Feb 11, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab X- Terra 305
Nokta Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You have willpower, knowing the rings are there, and not digging them yet. I could not do it.😂
:icon_biggrin:
Thanks Blackfoot58.
I'm still reluctant to dig them yet as I want to run my 6 inch coil over them and a few coins I know are out there where everyone was sitting collecting the yard sale moneys.
This will at least give me a base idea of the readings will be, which I've already taken notes on for the 11 inch coil and I'll also get an idea of any settings changes I'll need to make for the 6 inch.
Everywhere I go is going to be a bit different as far as conditions but this has been at least an opportunity to get use to the audio tones and the likes.

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
:icon_biggrin:
Thanks Blackfoot58.
I'm still reluctant to dig them yet as I want to run my 6 inch coil over them and a few coins I know are out there where everyone was sitting collecting the yard sale moneys.
This will at least give me a base idea of the readings will be, which I've already taken notes on for the 11 inch coil and I'll also get an idea of any settings changes I'll need to make for the 6 inch.
Everywhere I go is going to be a bit different as far as conditions but this has been at least an opportunity to get use to the audio tones and the likes.
You have the patience of Job.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread