This every happen to anybody

metx

Greenie
Sep 2, 2007
About 5 years ago I was hunting a local park .IT was land fill ,but i thought i will go by a few lower spots .I was there FINDING all caps and tabs ,I decided to go over to the trees and leave if nothing .I was getting all caps and tabs again as i was walking out i was swing and bang the strongest signal,clear i started to dig and dig and i hit this metal something, so now i am real excited i get under this box about 10 inches by 6 by 3 inches deep . I pull it out, the first thing that went through my mine bank robbers left it there .Now i have no idea why i thought that( maybe the cop in me ) .I did not open it there i ran it to my car, pop open the trunk and put it there .I ran back to that spot to see if there was more ,I was there for about 1 min and i wanted to open the box ,so i left .I went home to open it ,now i come running in the house tell my wife what i found ,i bring to the the back yard and now i was so ready to open it .I open it to my surprise ...........
two dead paraquats .My wife yell and said you have to bring it back and buried it in the same spot or it is bad luck .SO of cause i went back ,but while driving i was just thinking what it could have been .... I still go to that park but stay away from that tree....and only found 1 silver dime JUST LIKE TO SAY IN LIGHT OF 9/11 GOD BLESS AMERICAN

lucky1777

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2005
Illinois
Never have dug any pets, but my hunting partner did dig a casket handle where an old church use to be. Thanks for the funny story, I bet from now on you will open up all boxes before putting them in your car.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A friend and I were detecting an old park that has been abandoned. There was this small pond that had a fence post in the center with a large can fastened to the post. Old timey friend said he bet people had thrown coins toward the can on making a wish. I went back to the truck and slipped on my waders so I could check out the coins under the can. I did get a couple wheaties there and so I stuck my hand in the can to retrieve any coins there only to find some drowned rodent that slimed my paw and made it stink to high heaven. He wouldn't stop laughing all the way home while I held my arm out the truck window.

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
haha! monty dug a cat once but its a painfull and sorrowfull story that he may not want to remember! ;D

desertfox

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Fisher and Minelab
;D ;D ;D LMAO, can't make a post as I'm still, LMAO ;D ;D ;D
HH and better luck next time.....

Desertfox

muleskinner

Aug 8, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
minelab, tesoro
Here's one for ya, it happened to my best bud. He and his wife had just left church on Sunday evening. They thought they would swing thru a Mickey D"s for a burger. As they were leaving in the car they spotted a purse in the parking lot. They pulled over and picked it up. As they were driving home they discussed what would they do if the purse contained a large sum of money. They are honest good Christian people, but they might find out they have a price on their honesty. Anyway they arrived home with the food and the purse and put them on the kitchen table. As they sat down with their food, my friend just had to look in the purse. He took the purse in his lap and opened it. He was more then alittle surprised to discover someone had half filled the purse with horse poop! He told me the next day, I nearly died laughing! He said they waited awhile to eat their burgers that night, as they pretty much lost their appetite.
True story
Muleskinner

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread